What about SUWA?

OREGON85

from OREGON
Robby tried to post a few times, but his blackberry quit on him each time..

His cousin got caught in the middle of the 'blacklist' episode. His seasonal employee from back east was approached about preserving land, and he said he agreed and that it sounded like a good thing. So SUWA used that to mean that Robby's cousin's GAS STATION in Moab was against OHV travel.. Now what gas staion would be against motorized use?

I'm not interested in any blacklists, I just want details on this story. Anybody have details or some news article or something?

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I'm confused by you not being interested in blacklists, yet you are interested in this story... This story is about blacklists.

Anyways..

Robby's cousin owns and operates the Chevron on the south end of town.

PM'd you some contact info.. Longshot, they might not even remember..

Last edited:

Caleb

Wow.. 4 years later and it's finally coming to fruition.. Not.. under... U4WDA...
:rofl: Guess I should have read the thread first :p I just saw the title. I know I had read it in the past but didn't remember anything about it. So, yeah... :p

I'm not interested in any blacklists, I just want details on this story. Anybody have details or some news article or something?

When the suwa letter was published that started the blacklist, I followed up to write an article about it. I called about 15 businesses on the list, and only 1 fully understood what they were supporting. I talked to the owners of the chevron and they had an interesting story which I won't type out on my iPhone. That article is around somewhere, it was in u4's mag maybe?

OREGON85

from OREGON
Thanks scoutabout, now I get the SUWA letter's connection to the blacklist. Also the article was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! Did you write that or is there someone else I can list as a source? If it was you would you be willing to PM me you name so I can list you as a source? Okay, now I'll get back to work on my letter.

Last edited:

OREGON85

from OREGON
About a week ago he sent me a message thanking me for looking into it and that he'd get back to me in a few days. I guess I had better send him a message asking him what they decided.

Jesser04

How cool would it be if they stopped supporting suwa because you sent some emails and made them think about what there supporting. It would be pretty cool!!