What are you watching?

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I was glad we saw Sound of Freedom. I seriously thought about it all night. It is an important, tough discussion.

If there really are more people enslaved right now than any other time in history worldwide, I have to ask myself this. What will I tell my kids when they ask what I did to stop this evil?

I don't know how to help (donate money I guess) but I do want to say I did something "meaningful", not just something like a politician. Any ideas?

I'd love to hunt the bastards down. However, I don't have those skills and don't see me getting them, then there's still that whole "legal" thing that I try to adhere to. Those bastards don't give a rat about the "legal" but for some reason, I do. You pose a good question about what could be done.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
The guy sitting across from me at the office saw it yesterday with his wife. He said he hated it. It was work for him. Probably why I knew I'd never watch it when I heard about it. We do digital forensics in my office if you didn't know. We're dotgov. I'm just IT support now but I did the exams for a couple years, it was more than enough time.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I finished Silo on apple tv a few weeks ago. I think it was an awesome series. I'm not a sit on the couch and read a book kind of guy but after seeing this series tried to find a local copy of the first book then ordered it online. There are three books total in the series. Wool, Shift, and Dust.

I've been really impressed with the consistency of really good shows on apple tv. I don't know that I would have picked up the apple hub if it wasn't the only way to watch MLS (soccer) but there have been some really good series that I've really enjoyed.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I finished Silo on apple tv a few weeks ago. I think it was an awesome series. I'm not a sit on the couch and read a book kind of guy but after seeing this series tried to find a local copy of the first book then ordered it online. There are three books total in the series. Wool, Shift, and Dust.

I've been really impressed with the consistency of really good shows on apple tv. I don't know that I would have picked up the apple hub if it wasn't the only way to watch MLS (soccer) but there have been some really good series that I've really enjoyed.
Wool was a great book. I was kinda turned off by the show's trailer because they made some big changes that I thought were aimed at appeasing "Modern Audiences". But maybe I should give it a go.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Wool was a great book. I was kinda turned off by the show's trailer because they made some big changes that I thought were aimed at appeasing "Modern Audiences". But maybe I should give it a go.
I read something about how they made adjustments to try and introduce the storyline a little better. Give it a little backstory to have things make sense. I'm past the point in the book that the first season ends and don't feel like the changes have done any harm. The author was part of the whole process of the series as well. Give it a go.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I think I've stated before that most (not all) movies that are coming out these days are trash. There is the odd exception, like Oppenheimer, that really make you think or MI:7 that was just a rip roaring good time. But overall, there just isn't much out there. So I've taken to going back and watching movies I've never seen before. I'm currently on a 1970's kick and have watched:

The Man Who Fell to Earth: A very strange 1976 sci-fi flick starring David Bowie as an alien who has come to Earth looking for a way to save his drought stricken planet. If you're into obscure sci-fi and are a bit of a film aficionado, this is an interesting movie. The cinematography is fantastic and the direction is great. Bowie delivers an outstanding performance, as do Rip Torn and Candy Clarke. But its is weird! Honestly, if I hadn't read the film synopsis before watching it, I'm not sure I would have know what was going on.

The Bad News Bears: I'm sure most of you have seen this, but I'd missed it somehow. It was a fun watch, had a bit of "slice of life" of the 1970's that was fun to see. And I love Walter Matthau, and he kills it as the washed up, drunk, coach for hire.

McCabe & Mrs. Miller: 1971 western starring Warren Beatty and Julie Christie play a gambler and madam in a rough mining town. As I was watching the opening credits I saw it was written and directed by Robert Altman, a big plus. René Auberjonois was a co-star, a personal favorite. And the score was composed by Leonard Cohen, which is awesome. A bit slow, but they went all in on the sets and costumes. Very realistic and on a whole, enjoyable movie.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
There was talk in another thread of a boring concert film that is in theaters right now. And since The Internet is always listening, it recommended to me this:

Which apparently is considered the greatest concert film of all time. And its pretty damn good.

Pile of parts

There was talk in another thread of a boring concert film that is in theaters right now. And since The Internet is always listening, it recommended to me this:

Which apparently is considered the greatest concert film of all time. And its pretty damn good.
I never considered myself a big Talking Heads fan, but in comparison to Swifty... I'm basically the president of the fan club.😁

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member

There's not liking TSwizzle and then there's just being ridiculous. Boring is not the word anyone that goes to see the Eras tour movie would use to describe it- even a husband or wife (I'm not sexist) that got dragged to it against their will. Loud, upbeat music, lots of dancing- some of it provocative- and stunning visual effects. I know you were baiting me and of course it worked. It always does :rofl:

Pile of parts

There's not liking TSwizzle and then there's just being ridiculous. Boring is not the word anyone that goes to see the Eras tour movie would use to describe it- even a husband or wife (I'm not sexist) that got dragged to it against their will. Loud, upbeat music, lots of dancing- some of it provocative- and stunning visual effects. I know you were baiting me and of course it worked. It always does :rofl:
I'm just giving you a bad time too. I'm really a nice guy and not on here for drama or controversy... My musical taste just doesn't identify as a 12 year old girl. 😂

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I’ll fully admit that Napoleon Dynamite has some pretty great dance moves.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
You're right, torture is rarely "boring".