What are you watching?

mighty midjet

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Someone asked me about a Buick and if mine could turn. This came to mind. Don't remember seeing it here.

That big girl weighs at LEAST 4500 lbs in street trim.

1968-Buick-Riviera-American_Classics--Car-101953909-9cbdd1019f87376f4fc9ae12600ae7dd.jpg

1968-Buick-Riviera-American_Classics--Car-101838546-de6945ccdf961c027c7b022a5a8f6d91.jpg

1968-Buick-Riviera-American_Classics--Car-101838546-e1466c1291ff175af76637e5925bbe28.jpg

For the record, I don't think mine can turn

Last edited:

ID Bronco

Someone asked me about a Buick and if mine could turn. This came to mind. Don't remember seeing it here.

That big girl weighs at LEAST 4500 lbs in street trim.

1968-Buick-Riviera-American_Classics--Car-101953909-9cbdd1019f87376f4fc9ae12600ae7dd.jpg

1968-Buick-Riviera-American_Classics--Car-101838546-de6945ccdf961c027c7b022a5a8f6d91.jpg

1968-Buick-Riviera-American_Classics--Car-101838546-e1466c1291ff175af76637e5925bbe28.jpg

For the record, I don't think mine can turn
Marc, you should totally grow a sweet old man braid down the back of your head. Tell everyone you were cool once without saying a word.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Fascinating documentary on the Salton Sea. I watched this when it came out a few years ago, but its on the YouTubz now for free:

When I lived in SoCal, I worked next to the Salton Sea frequently. If the winds kicked up, it stirred up the gunk in the 'sea' and smelled like death... it was so nasty.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
When I lived in SoCal, I worked next to the Salton Sea frequently. If the winds kicked up, it stirred up the gunk in the 'sea' and smelled like death... it was so nasty.
Yeah, it's in a pretty sad state and has been for some time. But how it was "created" and its history as a recreation destination from the 40's to the early 60's is pretty interesting. The documentary also goes into detail on what could happen if it dries up completely, which has some parallels to the concerns about the Great Salt Lake. They also talk to people about the plans to try and save it, which are pretty ambitious and include a proposal to dig a canal from the Gulf of California.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

The latest episode of Jay Leno's Garage features a 1988 Yugo GVS. I don't want a Yugo (hence why this post isn't in the "Today I Want This..." thread), but I've always found them interesting. It should come as no surprise to anyone here that I have the book Jeff Dunham mentions in the video, and its certainly worth reading the whole thing:

IMG_6570.jpg

And I'm probably one of the few people in my generation who has actually driven a Yugo. Back in 2005 or 06 I was writing for a long defunct automotive website called OverDrive Blog and did a little piece on the Yugo's legacy. After the story went live, I was contacted by a Yugo collector here in Utah who asked me if I'd like to come out and drive a couple of his Yugo's because he wanted to prove that they weren't that bad, just like Jeff Dunham says. So I did; and I drove an '87 GVS and a hot '88 GVX with the 1.3L! And you know what, they were pretty fun to drive. Light, plenty of power for their size, and they handled decently. Would I buy one? No. But if someone gave me one, I'd rock it!

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Slow Horses on Apple TV. Its hilarious. If you have ATV but haven't watched it, do it.

The new season just started but I decided to re-watch season 2 first. I'm only in a couple episodes but I'm sitting here smiling ear to ear and chuckling every few minutes. Gary Oldman is a dirty old man, grumpy, and openly disdains "his F-ups", but he still takes care of them and defends them. Its like the anti james bond spy show.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Slow Horses on Apple TV. Its hilarious. If you have ATV but haven't watched it, do it.

The new season just started but I decided to re-watch season 2 first. I'm only in a couple episodes but I'm sitting here smiling ear to ear and chuckling every few minutes. Gary Oldman is a dirty old man, grumpy, and openly disdains "his F-ups", but he still takes care of them and defends them. Its like the anti james bond spy show.
I've been hearing about that one and will add it to my list. I'm almost done re-watching Stranger Things. My 10 year old convinced me he is old enough to watch it and was too scared to continue on like ep 4 but I couldn't stop watching it on my own :rofl: