What bike for my 9 year old

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
So the stock renthal bars are super wide. Literally 1” more narrow than mine on the 300. It looked uncomfortable. The bike came with a set of pro taper. I decided to put them on. Fit the bike way better and feels better for Jonah too.

Also got a set of tusk hand guards for it. Really just using them as lever protection since I’m sure the bike will be dropped a lot

I had to do some modding to get them to fit. I cut a couple inches off the ends and drilled new holes.

F289B1FC-B1FD-4AA3-A93E-99783FD0A5D1.jpegFB98E4D4-87ED-455D-97AE-5EFDC73A2BCC.jpegFDAB697F-542E-4254-93DB-43861702EDCF.jpeg

Tonkaman

Have you tried checking his best width at all? I like the simple push up method.

Have him do a few push ups and measure between his hands once he’s done. Cut the bars down until the inside of his grips matches that measurement, That will be the strongest width for him

ChestonScout

Never have heard of such a thing. Have to try it and see.

I really can’t cut any off these pro taper tho. It’s a full office now. Both clutch and brake are at the edge of the bend and grips right up against them.

I’m thinking I will take him to st George this weekend for a little ride. See how he does

ChestonScout

Got a couple hours in today. Wind was crazy but we still had fun

He did pretty good. He is scared of it but started getting more brave.

Kind of interesting, He stood up on the 50 like a boss. So far he is scared to stand up on the 65. I’m sure tomorrow will be better. C2F21D0D-BEEF-443C-AA8E-B4D50DF5C229.jpeg

ChestonScout

Hmmm

This weekend is monster jam in salt lake. We know the grave digger driver and will be hanging out with him.

But the 25th may work. I’m not sure I’m ready for that tho. Haha