General Tech What did you work on Today?

Tonkaman

After seeing @cruiseroutfit 's Land Cruiser with the big ARB lights at BeWilder I remembered I had a pair of ARB shaped lights sitting on my shelf and decided to mount them a less conspicuous way.
Little did I know this would take many hours...

Visualization
View attachment 164080

Cutting big holes
View attachment 164081

Assembly
View attachment 164082

Mockup
View attachment 164083

Bracket fabrication (I tried to be a classy guy and tig all this up)
View attachment 164084

I wasn't too pleased with how wobbly it was and I was getting bugged with how slow the fabrication was going so out came the MIG out came the bracket and I added more bracing.
And did my wiring.
View attachment 164085

Testing the stupid bright lights!
View attachment 164086

Tied up the wiring loom.
View attachment 164087

Aiming
View attachment 164088
View attachment 164089
That’s a pretty clever way to air those lights 👍

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Also, I gave away my OG Murder Thumper to a student from my last class, so I whipped up a quick 2.0 with a castle nut as the weight.

The castle nut is something you call out when you take you CDL pre-trip skills test, and I make my students call it out hundreds of times before their tests.

IMG_6249.jpeg

JeeperG

Down to one more fender before the cutting compound comes out.
Here's a rear fender (fiberglass) at 1500 grit and some water on it, should look like that when it's done. They definitely look pretty flat.
PXL_20230922_200703170.jpg
Guide coat after 1500
PXL_20230922_202246524.jpg
Somewhere in all four fenders there are some flaws in the clear I believe, where runs happened. Not sure if it's solvent pop, we'll see how it goes polishing it.
Front fender at a 5000 grit, this fender has the worst of the issue.
PXL_20230922_210715273.jpg
Here's a closer look at the issue, takes the right angle and to be looking for it. Might just be what it is.
PXL_20230922_202517512.jpg

NYCEGUY01

Finally did the hitch and wiring install on the wifes Subaru.
It actually wasn't near as bad as i was expecting... her previous cherokee was a much bigger pain in the ass.

Then finished up doing new wood, wheels and tires, and repacking the bearings on her new trailer...

20230923_112258.jpg20230923_112245.jpg

NYCEGUY01

It doesnt look like much but the Blazer is finally back on its tires.
It's been on stands since spring.
The front suspension and steering is all done and together.
It has all new brake lines and they are bled, the 4 speed pedals are gone and the auto setup is in.

The rear just needs shock mounts on the axle but I need to get it in (or very near as ot wont fit inside..) my garage to grind off the old mount and burn on new ones.

Also finally have a shifter for the trans and the twin sticks for the 205.

You can see the steering arm Mike machined for me installed as well as the bump stop pads and shocks etc...

Been kinda picking off 1 small project a day most days after work for a few weeks now.

It's still a litte taller than I wanted but I guess that's what you get with40" tires. Lol
I'm already limiting up travel and I just dont think I can get it any lower without really sacrificing travel.

Today we got the motorhome out and cleaned up. Getting packed up for Wednesday, We are headed back to Tuscon for this years Duct Tape drags that Freiburger puts on with a bunch of the Motortrend shows folks.

It's such a fun weekend except for the long ass drive...

Got to keep checking off projects quickly as it will be cold and snowy too soon...

20230923_125459.jpg20230923_125252.jpg20230923_125325.jpg20230923_125311.jpg

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
It doesnt look like much but the Blazer is finally back on its tires.
It's been on stands since spring.
The front suspension and steering is all done and together.
It has all new brake lines and they are bled, the 4 speed pedals are gone and the auto setup is in.

The rear just needs shock mounts on the axle but I need to get it in (or very near as ot wont fit inside..) my garage to grind off the old mount and burn on new ones.

Also finally have a shifter for the trans and the twin sticks for the 205.

You can see the steering arm Mike machined for me installed as well as the bump stop pads and shocks etc...

Been kinda picking off 1 small project a day most days after work for a few weeks now.

It's still a litte taller than I wanted but I guess that's what you get with40" tires. Lol
I'm already limiting up travel and I just dont think I can get it any lower without really sacrificing travel.

Today we got the motorhome out and cleaned up. Getting packed up for Wednesday, We are headed back to Tuscon for this years Duct Tape drags that Freiburger puts on with a bunch of the Motortrend shows folks.

It's such a fun weekend except for the long ass drive...

Got to keep checking off projects quickly as it will be cold and snowy too soon...

View attachment 164226View attachment 164227View attachment 164228View attachment 164229

Any chance you have a 700-241 or 700-208 t case adapter kicking around your blob?