General Tech What did you work on Today?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
it’s been a long time since I have done any welding, let alone with a new welder that I needed to figure out settings on so there will be no weld pictures posted. I fabbed up the frame for this cradle that I am going to use to lift the RTT and rack off my Jeep.
IMG_9813.jpeg

I am going to use a load leveler as the attachment point to the winch mounted to the ceiling in my garage then use chain with some hooks to attach to the rack.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Finished mounting the new shoes for the Jeep. I hope these do as well as my worn out 43" TSL SX did in Sand Hollow last week. The new tires showed up at noon on Wednesday and we left at 5:00 on Thursday morning. No time to swap them before we left.
View attachment 168232
Good lord that’s sexy! 42’s? They look bigger than your last tires by a biscuit or two.

Pile of parts

Good lord that’s sexy! 42’s? They look bigger than your last tires by a biscuit or two.
Yep, 42s. Tread vs almost slicks makes a big difference. By comparison, I measured my 43" TSL spare (never used) and one of the new tires. Both at 15 psi the 43 was only 5/16" taller. Oh, and they both weigh 160 lbs with the wheel. Man, is my back sore!

JeeperG

Which kit did you use? My might as well disease has me looking at harnesses for the El Camino. I can’t see leaving 57 year old wiring in the car when I have it torn down like it is.
Seems pretty straightforward

Agility Customs

Vendor
Finished mounting the new shoes for the Jeep. I hope these do as well as my worn out 43" TSL SX did in Sand Hollow last week. The new tires showed up at noon on Wednesday and we left at 5:00 on Thursday morning. No time to swap them before we left.
View attachment 168232
Tell me your a baller without telling me your a baller! I didnt even know these were currently available. Where did you snag them from?

Pile of parts

Tell me your a baller without telling me your a baller! I didnt even know these were currently available. Where did you snag them from?
I'm not the baller you think I am...
I opted for the DOT bias version rather than stickies. I still do enough running to and from the trails in Moab that I figured a DOT might suit me better. That's the down side to a slide in camper on the tow rig. The up side is, I've never had stickies so I don't know what I'm missing... Anyway, it's a trail jeep and not a competition rig.
If it matters, I bought them from Koritas Tires in California. Bought online and they were the best price I could find, even with shipping. However, I've bought good cars for less money. I can't believe what tires prices have come to.🤦‍♂️

Tonkaman

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
Got a side gig welding up 4 big planter boxes for a home remodel/landscaping job up in Park City. The largest one is 25'x3'x2.5' and weighs about 2,000 lbs...
IMG_2025.jpeg
IMG_2034.jpeg
IMG_2051.jpeg
IMG_2052.jpeg
The client wants it to look completely seamless after the rust takes over hence it being one continuous 25' box.... unfortunately the crane company couldn't get close enough to comfortably lift it without blocking off a city road. So now I get to cut this box in half, and re-weld it back together on site where it is installed so that an excavator can lift each side... 🙄