General Tech What did you work on Today?

airmanwilliams

I didnt work on a rig today but I got my mylar bags in yesterday and had been drying apples this week so I decided to put them in the bags, I think I am hooked now. Thinking of going to the store for random stuff to seal in these bags now.

Attachments

• 12032187_10156155342860193_2410131362506451808_n.jpg
    12032187_10156155342860193_2410131362506451808_n.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 22

chase3194

image.jpegIn the process of building my mini buggy. It's a 96 inch wheel base, 64 inches wide, with 37s Rock assualt housings, Honda b18 motor and trans with a 14 inch belly height. Also 4 linked rear and 3 linked front.

Last edited:

chase3194

I update my Instagram everytime I work on it. Last thread I started I never got a good response on it so I decided to just update my Instagram. If I knew there would be interested I would start a build thread on here. It's chasington if you're on Instagram.

BlueWolfFab

Running Behind
Threw my H3 motor in a guy's Colorado.

IMAG1416_zps2ymlfyhc.jpg

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
A couple of weeks ago I finished up the installation of our new residential refrigerator in our coach. Our Norcold RLIM1200 had not given us a seconds problems in this coach until both July and August's trips so I yanked it out and replaced it with a new Samsung 18 cubic foot bottom freezer model. Wife and I got back from our first trip with it and she loves it.

Went from this, Norcold RLIM1200 12 cubic foot absorption refrigerator.
5wi3ib.jpg

To this, a Samsung RF18 residential refrigerator. Only draws 3.9 amps when the compressor is running and has dual cooling technology.
34rvjop.jpg

Last week the parts for our Onan 10kW genset showed up so I was able to get it back up and running as well. It ran fine all of last year and then the one trip I needed it for this year due to high temperatures heading to Ouray in August, the dang thing wouldn't stay running. After extensive troubleshooting I found out the control module went out.

While I was in there I decided to replace the brushed in the generator half of the genset.
vybj1x.jpg

I then replaced the control module and she is up and running again.
20zrajn.jpg

Lastly, I had an intermittent delayed starting issue on the engine of our coach. After diagnosing I replaced the lift pump on our Cummins ISL400 engine.

New Cummins lift pump.
23upiti.jpg

Old Cummins lift pump.
2ltfss3.jpg

And the mess it made of my tools.:rofl:
oscsbq.jpg

That lift pump was hands down the dirtiest, messiest job I have done in a long time. In a class 8 truck it would be a very simple and easy to get to pump, but stuff that in the rear of an RV with only about 8" between the side of the engine block and the frame rail and it turns into a nightmare of a job. Glad that job is done.

After a test drive she is running great again. She just turned over 104k miles on the odometer last trip so now I am going to shoot for the 200k mark. This coach has been relatively trouble free for the past 8 years we have owned it, very few issues other than regular preventative maintenance, but the last two trips really created some work for me.:eek:

Oh well, at least it is done and ready to go again.

Mike.

Last edited:

boogie_4wheel

Got some training wheels on the 50 for my little girl. She has been riding it in the cul de sac on weekends, making all the other kids jealous.
The mid-bike mounting location make for easy wheelies for me. Just lean back to compress the suspension, the front lifts, and I ride a perfectly balanced wheelie for the whole length of the street.

20150803_195026.jpg

Finally got around to painting the little moto bike carrier trailer (I need to get a finished shot). Sprayed it in my 'paint booth' on the side of the house where I park the truck.

20150925_171352.jpg

Then, how do I get it from under the cover so that I can flip it over and paint the top?! Dreamed up using the engine hoist strapped on the back of the flatbed. Notice the angle iron c-clamped to the hoist to hold the trailer tongue in the air. This made my 16' (with chain box on the front full of chains, binders, straps, junk) about negative 50lbs tongue weight. And I love having a front hitch on my truck to spot contraption around.

20150926_092625.jpg

rondo

rondo
deep maintenance for the poor old jeep, with kane creek water in the diffs, trans, etc. going to replace the old 79 ford stuff with stage 8 locking fasteners that are supposed to keep everything tight.YJ spindle repack.jpg