General Tech What did you work on Today?

Ashcat

OB1, I need to replace my seals but duh I should insulate the door too! I assume you used foam board-like material (that's what comes to my mind) how much did you use?

OB1

I went down to Lowes and bought 4-1" and 4-1/2" Polystyrene foam board. I had a 1 1/2" gap in the door panels i wanted to fill. I was looking for 3/4" but didn't find it so I used the 1" and 1/2". Cost was less than getting their door kits.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
A couple of weeks ago I sold my old horizontal and my vertical bandsaws. Over the past couple of days I have been able to get my new Baileigh BS-210M horizontal bandsaw off-loaded and set up.
35174ut.jpg

waodxe.jpg

xksj7m.jpg

I then moved on to uncrating my Birmingham KB-45 vertical bandsaw.
zj87ee.jpg

2uot3x2.jpg

Parked in its new home.
doq8i9.jpg

Horizontal bandsaw now has casters for mobility and the vertical is in it new permanent home.
2ivlflu.jpg

Both saws are setup and ready for a lifetime of use and are a HUGE step up from my previous two saws.

Mike.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Last night I helped my son install his new sub-woofer in his Jeep as his old one wasn't working when he purchased it. He finally got around to deciding on a replacement and we had an opportunity last night to hang out in the shop and BS as well as install the new one. Great night.

Mike.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
I went down to Lowes and bought 4-1" and 4-1/2" Polystyrene foam board. I had a 1 1/2" gap in the door panels i wanted to fill. I was looking for 3/4" but didn't find it so I used the 1" and 1/2". Cost was less than getting their door kits.

Ya, if you have gaps or non-insulated doors these freakin' temps will get your attention won't they.

Mike.

ricsrx

worked on the Rx7 today, installed the upgraded brake m/c, and ajustible proportioner, the serpintine belt with the reversed tensioner, the radiator and hoses

Tonkaman

I've been unimpressed with my air tool performance. I always assumed it was because of the cheapo tools but the other day I borrowed a neighbors Mac impact and it sucked too! Since I knew it worked good at his house I realized I had a bad airflow problem.

I removed the regulator since it was just a cheap piece of crap and full of corrosion.

I removed a ball valve at the lead of the hose. This was handy to have but was an obvious restriction. I could get a high flow valve, but I don't think it's necessary.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455593499.945651.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455593509.035150.jpg

I changed out my old 50' hose for a 25' 3/8" flexzilla hose. My shop isn't that big so I figured I'd regain some friction loss with the shorter hose.

The biggest improvement came from changing out all my quick connect fittings. The old fittings are all harbor freight specials, and the new fittings are all Milton Type V. I chose this type after looking into flow rates and this was the highest for 1/4" fittings. The opening size difference is quite surprising and was instantly noticeable on the tools.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455593563.647519.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455593577.231288.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455593584.505356.jpg

With all the changes done here I've gained some pretty good power on all my tools. It was well worth the minimal effort. I would highly recommend the Milton V fittings they are pretty sweet.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
^I've never even considered connections as part of a slow tool performance issue.. This is brilliant!

Tonkaman

Nice work!
What do those fittings cost?

That's the downside, they aren't cheap and they aren't readily available. Through Amazon I got the female coupler for $6.70 each and the male coupler 2 packs for $9.70 ($4.85 each).

Another plus is that the female coupler will accept all A, M, and V fittings

YROC FAB.

BUGGY TIME
Vendor
Finally finished pimping out my crawlerhauler. I mounted the box last year sometime and was lazy to mount the spares.

IMG_7037.JPG

Wingnutted it. 13/16" for the trailer lugs, 1 1/2" for the trailer hub, 3/4" and 7/8" for other common lug nut sizes.
IMG_7038.JPG

IMG_7041.JPG

IMG_7044.JPG

IMG_7045.JPG