General Tech What did you work on Today?

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
Did some sanitary stainless today after work.
Had to replace the bottom of a funnel used in commercial food packaging... in time for a USDA inspection lol

IMG978_zps79d3fd05.jpg

Purging the inside with argon before TIG welding.

IMG987_zps90822116.jpg

The old outlet that was removed (wtf?), it's like a free hotel for bacterial growth.

IMG980_zpsf2749772.jpg

What the inside now looks like.

Last edited:

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
Today I put together some more battery mounting boxes that I CAD designed. They're going to be used on experimental aircraft from what I understand, so they need to be reasonably lightweight. They weigh under 7 ounces and rigidly hold a battery that weighs 8 pounds.
Carl (Ilean) CNC plasma cut these aluminum parts, and they turned out great.

IMG990_zps2a926921.jpg

Last edited:

airmanwilliams

Just got in a couple 39" 1800 Lumen lights to put under the kitchen cabinets at out place and tested them out. Surprisingly the wife likes them, I had previously bought some led light bulb replacements for our lamps in our last apartment and she hated the pure white color. Next order of business when I get a day off, quite possibly tomorrow, I will be installing them and wiring them up to the florescent fixture above our sink. I am excited and will quite possibly order a few more to install in my garage over my work bench.

ricsrx

IMG987_zps90822116.jpg

The old outlet that was removed (wtf?), it's like a free hotel for bacterial growth.

That's what some of my TIG work looks like. I must say that it looks like they did not even attempt to purge it when they welded it,

Last edited:

Zombie

Random Dead Guy
OR... paint them like regular dice and take them to vegas. Then, find a really drunk guy at the tables. Then, convince him he is shrinking. Then,get him more drunk until he passes out. Then, change his clothes into really giant clothes that are identical to what he was wearing. Then, haul him out into a back alley and surround him with other oversized items including the giant dice. He will go in and out of consciousness. Change him back into his regular clothes(or hire a hobo to change him if this isn't your thing). Leave him with no reminders except the giant dice.

I like you. I don't trust you, but I like you. Absolutely brilliant.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I spent 8 hrs editing video for my BIL wedding! All that, and it only produced 12 min of video! What a joke! The worst part is that its not even fancy.

Bart

Spent 16 hours in the past 3 days putting a long arm lift on my son's XJ. We still need to add the frame stiffeners and sliders but it turned out nice so far.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Added some music to my video.. None of you will care to see it, but because it has consumed my life for the weekend I feel the need to put it somewhere!

[video=youtube;yG9Ifx62ak0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG9Ifx62ak0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The sound is really quiet, so you have to turn it up a bit..