What happened to the cars?

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member

I think it's because we have so many shows "about cars" now days: top gear, counting cars, fast n loud etc...

I loved "Burn Notice" we just finished rewatching that one.

Maybe the Vista Cruiser from "That 70's Show" is one?

Not tv shows but a few of my favorite "car movies"

The Transporter. BMW 735i
Baby Driver. WRX
All the motorcycles in the Mission Impossible series. But the BMWS1000rr in Rogue Nation that scene made me flinch that they really did those scenes without helmets!

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Don't forget the Coyote kitcar in that show with the fat judge.... and the 'Cuda on Nash Bridges
The 512 and Daytona on Miami.Vice...
...Firefox....
Hardcastle and McCormick!

That show was when I first realized they didn't use the exact same car for every episode. It drove me crazy when the car had a curved windshield in one scene, and then a flat windshield later.

02dodger

last440_maroon_79_rick_simon_mpw.jpg

Simon And Simon's Dodge

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Did anyone mention the GMC van in the A-Team?
Also, Magnum had regular appearances of an Audi 5000, a Chevy Blazer, VW T3, and of course the Island Hopper MD-500 helicopter.
Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but in Inspector Morse/Endeavor there is the Jaguar Mk.II
Luther rocked a Volvo 240 (also, that show is just dark)
Bosch has a cleanly lifted XJ.
Was it Get Smart that had a Sunbeam Tiger?

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Never heard of it... which, considering there were only 10 episodes made, is understandable.

She was only 22 at the time, so... yeah. Wish I has seen the show.
I did't think too many would remember it. I just can't forget Michelle! She also made a mark in Grease II, also oriented on motorcycles.

speaking of focus on motorcycles, what about CHIPS? Jon had an awesome Chevy Stepside.