What Has U4WDA done for State Lately?

BLH

Just thought it would be nice to see what U4WDA has been doing for 4x4 cause since that is what they are for.

Caleb

whatever you do, don't look through this forum, you might find like ten things in the next 12 posts you look at :rolleyes:

Meat_

Banned
Well at pretty much the exact time you posted this thread U4WDA was just finishing a meeting with the FS in which we drove several of them up to Forest Lake, and Dutchman Flat to plan out what needs to be fixed

Attachments

• forest lake.jpg
    forest lake.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Well, here's what we're working on right now:

Working with the BLM on the new travel plan for 5 Mile Pass. Right now, Rattlesnake and Constrictor are set to be closed, so hopefully we can change that.

Working with the PG district of the Uinta Forest on planning 3 service projects in AF Canyon this summer (see Meat's pic in the previous post).

We've raised money every year (record breaking amounts this year!) to help USA-ALL, BRC, and UFWDA continue their mission of representing us OHV users.

We're helping two new clubs get incorporated and organized right now.

We organized a group to counter the SUWA hearing held tonight.

We're involved in one really cool project, that can't be talked about. But it's really cool, and it'll be awesome if we can make it happen!! Think about re-opening a cool trail.

With a few more volunteers, we could always do more! We'd welcome your help anytime BLH! We'd welcome anyone's help (and donations!!).

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I would still love to join in on a rattlesnake, constrictor clean up/bypass rid of party. What ever happed with that?

WJ ZUK said:
I would still love to join in on a rattlesnake, constrictor clean up/bypass rid of party. What ever happed with that?

Any time is a good time for a Rattlesnake/Constrictor clean-up party!

There will be an AF Canyon clean-up party on Saturday July 8. Meet at Tibble Fork at 10:00 AM! Look for the Forest Service Ranger. They usually wear green!

Don B

formerly rebarguy
Lets not forget that U4WDA is organizing for NPLD an event this year that will have Clubs and individuals across the entire State involved in cleanup and repair projects and will be an excellent way to boost the image of the four wheel drive community.

Also, U4WDA is working to have contacts with every BLM and FS office in the State.

Cherokeester

BLH said:
Just thought it would be nice to see what U4WDA has been doing for 4x4 cause since that is what they are for.

I don't get the phrasing of your question. Are you being critical? The 4x4 cause is what YOU are for. Please be more specific on questions like this or they will be taken in different ways other than intended.:rolleyes:

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Cherokeester said:
I don't get the phrasing of your question. Are you being critical? .......

Yes he is. He's got an axe to grind and won't let anyone know what it is even though it's been offered by MANY to help him resolve the issue. He's lost all credibility from my perspective.

Don B

formerly rebarguy
mbryson said:
Yes he is. He's got an axe to grind and won't let anyone know what it is even though it's been offered by MANY to help him resolve the issue. He's lost all credibility from my perspective.
Well, while he's off sitting in his corner grinding his axe, the rest of us will out doing things to keep the trails open for everyone and having a lot of fun in the process

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
rebarguy said:
Well, while he's off sitting in his corner grinding his axe, the rest of us will out doing things to keep the trails open for everyone and having a lot of fun in the process

True, he's chosen to be a grumpy ass about things and just wants to be critical.

Rickomatic

Grey is cool!
scoutabout said:
Any time is a good time for a Rattlesnake/Constrictor clean-up party!

There will be an AF Canyon clean-up party on Saturday July 8. Meet at Tibble Fork at 10:00 AM! Look for the Forest Service Ranger. They usually wear green!

Utah 4x4 Club has chosen to help out with this. We are looking at this as a great way to get the club off the ground. I will be up there with my XJ of many colors and a utility trailer for trash. We hope that there is a large turn out to show the FS we want these trails to remain open. Here is a link to our thread on the subject: http://www.utah4x4club.com/index.php?showtopic=1242

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
WJ ZUK said:

It's been unofficially delayed for the NPLD in September. RME will be handling the cleanup of the 5 Mile Pass area on that day. The BLM hasn't added 5 Mile Pass to the list of cleanup sites due to budget concern, so we're going to taclke this one as an added bonus. Kurt is getting ahold of the BLM manager out there to see if they can get us a dumpster.

Over the past few years, we've had a strong showing out at 5 Mile Pass for NPLD, I want to make sure we continue the tradition.

I'd love to see 50+ people there, were making plans to do the cleanup, run the trails & perhaps a little BBQ afterwards. Look for a thread in the future concerning meeting place, time, etc.

Greg said:
I'd love to see 50+ people there, were making plans to do the cleanup, run the trails & perhaps a little BBQ afterwards. Look for a thread in the future concerning meeting place, time, etc.

AWESOME!!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Steve also forgot a VERY large project we are right in the middle of. We are contacting EVERY Forest Service & BLM District office & field office (over 50) and creating a giant database of contact info for the Recreation Planner & Volunteer Coordinator of each field office. In addition to making the contacts, we are taking the opportunity to reintroduce (and in some cases introduce) the U4WDA and its mission and member clubs to the land managers, offering project assistance, public input, etc. Let them know we are there to help, and watching what is happening.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Brent, I have never met you... and every so often you like to toss this out there to try and make us look bad? Your not even a member are you?

Why don't you finish reading all your other anti-U4 posts... I'm not here to cater to people that do nothing but ***** and moan so if you wan't to argue and be contentious, then come to a BOD meeting and offer to help. Lazy....

Brent is always up for some bashing...

BLH said:
Contact U4wda, after all is that what they are State offroad Club. Sad part is they probably would help you, unless you are member. But sure would be nice to see them do something out of there normal record.

Of course he never replied to my response...
http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=26970

Guess you didn't feel like telling me what the U4WDA wasn't living up to here either:
http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?p=152792#post152792

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
scoutabout said:
....We're involved in one really cool project, that can't be talked about. But it's really cool, and it'll be awesome if we can make it happen!! Think about re-opening a cool trail...

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
FINGERS CROSSED :greg: