What mileage is too high for a diesel?

Meat_

Banned
'98 Daully/auto/Cummins The absolute best I've seen is 17.5, I pretty much get 15 no matter what I'm doing (I have a lead foot)

The thing you have to remember is to keep it under 2,000rpm when driving (short times over are ok). Anything over 2k and they drink fuel.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Meat_ said:
'98 Daully/auto/Cummins The absolute best I've seen is 17.5, I pretty much get 15 no matter what I'm doing (I have a lead foot)

The thing you have to remember is to keep it under 2,000rpm when driving (short times over are ok). Anything over 2k and they drink fuel.

Sounds about identicle to my 95' PSD :rofl: except I did se 20 once on the hiway at 55mph (3wheel'n a trailer ;) )

Caleb

Just before I traded my truck when fuel was started to get up there I was really trying to drive like a g'ma and saw 18 mpg...I typically saw 15 mpg whether I was towing my buggy or I was empty...I did have a hard time staying off the pedal (I loved to hear the turbo wind up :greg: )

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
In my 98 2WD 5speed CTD I got 21-24 around town 16-18 towing, in my 98 4WD auto I got 15-18 normal driving 12-15 towing.

DToy

My '99 CTD 4x4 Auto gets about 18.5 unloaded, 14-15 pulling my 24' camp trailer. Just turned 105K miles.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
On a somewhat related topic... If considering a rig from down south, you've got more to worry about now. The market may soon be flooded (get it? :p ) with reconditioned vehicles caught in the hurricane affected areas.

A matter of fact, you may find one in Utah that was just relocated simply to sell easier. "Flood" and "rebuilt" vehicles sometimes slip through the cracks when it comes to "title branding" and Carfax-type reports are often inconclusive or inacurate. I personally know people that have bought back totalled rigs with no branded title and people that have totalled a rig and Carfax doesn't show it.

Meat_

Banned
One other thing of note when considering a diesel, December will be the last month of emissions testing (at least in the UC, I don't know for sure in the rest of the state)

Fat Tony

79 Toyota Truck
I have a 2003 PSD and I love it. I had a 99 PSD before and also loved it.It's is a monster whith a chip. just make sure you keep an eye on the trany because they will cook if your not carefull.