Jeep what tires has everyone used, and or liked?

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
Ive run the following:
TLS's (33's, 36.5s, 38's held up to good trail abuse and nice sizes)
LTB's (34x10.50 on a sammy, super narrow & good price)
SX's (best of swamper line great sidewalls actually come in BIG size stickies now, pirate doesn't really like them though)
Boggers (33s, 35s, 44s, super awesome in the muddy terrain, not so much for crawling, but have seen Cheston Scout rock them 54's!!!)
MT Baja Belted (35's big width, but wore out quick, discontinued I believe)
MT Baja Claws (33's, 39.5 better tread wear, big sizes and soft rubber compound)
Ground Hawgs (42's not bad all around big tires, but for the money others are better here in rock country)
BFG KM1 (33's 35's awesome on-off road tires.... staple for all the MT's out there today)
BFG KM2 (33's awesome on-off road tires, top player in the market for blue and red lable)
Maxxis Crawlers (37's awesome tires for off road only, top player in the red lable market, I would do treps next time)
Pitbull Rockers (42's BIG sizes available and various tread pattersn available, I would say semi-sticky compound, cheapest on my last quote comparing BFG, MAXXIS, PITBULL, GOODYEAR)

The stickies can get exspensive and are limited to max size of 40's (unless you find some larger TSL-sx's, boggers or Mickey's typically in the 46"-52" range), Im however running the 42" Rockers and have liked how they hook up so far...

In stickies I have seen the Maxxis sidewalls (treps or crawlers) withstand more abuse than the BFG's.... not to say BFG's red lables are bad cause they are freaking AWESOME too. I am hearing all around good things from the GoodYear Kevlars (most Ultra4 racers are using them now this is the next tire I personally wanna try). The newest tire I saw and heard good things about at BFE for EJS was the Toyo Sticky I guess it held up to the hammers well. I also heard from some guys in St George they like the General Grabber Red lables too.

additional non relevant tires I've used:
Hanook Dynapro MT's (33's on a tow rig, good on road manners stiff sidewalls)
General Grabber MT's (33's 35's good price, good tread pattern, took abuse)
Dunlop Mud Rover (33's, 35's good price for sure, good tread patter, took abuse)
Courser MT's (35's good price for sure, good tread patter, took abuse)
Goodyear Mud OZ (36's bias ply was bumpy on the road when cold, cheap offroad tires and can be grooved for better tread)

the last comment I heard was getting a set of stickies is like getting lockers for the first time!!!!

Last edited:

Corbyn.

ive ran

245x75r16 Duratracs great in the snow and mud but chunk very easily on the rocks due to all the sipeing. great on road manners
35x14.5 15 boggers great off road but on road they are VERY loud and wear quickly
33x12.5 15 TSL great off road but wear quickly on road
35x12.5r16 Kevlars decent off road and good road manners

run a swamper tsl/sx, 38x12.50, they're 37.4" tall new, according to interco, tough a shit, and hell they look flat nasty! fairly cheap too.

06blackse

I've used and loved the procomp extreme mud terrain 285/75/16, I've used the Firestone destination mt (didn't like how hard they are, the grip was very good tho off road), I currently run the cooper discoverer stt which has been impressive, excellent wear, great on and off road handling and the traction has been just as good as the procomps.