What to do with an old keg

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Many years ago a police friend of my dad confiscated a beer keg from some kids and gave it to my dad. I'm not sure why he gave it to him since we don't drink beer. My dad was going to chuck it but I figured someone on here might have a good idea about using it for something. It is made of stainless steel and would make a good gas or water tank. I told the wife we could take it to a ward party full of root beer but that idea was shot down. So what would you do with it ?

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Can't you return them for deposit? Quick google says anywhere from $30 to $90 for deposit.

edit: wow I just thought Utah laws were screwed up. Basically to buy one you need a liquor license. Ask Cody maybe he knows. :hickey:

Last edited:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
A few ideas...

Attachments

• a5a4561c30011951515d9f69a7a38ade.jpg
    a5a4561c30011951515d9f69a7a38ade.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 59c2625db7eb2af706765a2c90e660f3.jpg
    59c2625db7eb2af706765a2c90e660f3.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Pretty cool that the cop confiscated property and then kept it. Pretty upstanding guy there. :rolleyes:

Fuel tank, though, what's done is done. :D

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Sanke kegs are harder to put homebrew into since you have to take apart the dip tube. I do think there are some conversion disconnects out now though, but 15.5 gallons is a lot of homebrew

SubLime Time

A Study in Black & Green
lol! It's been a while since I've seen a keg, I forgot how big they are! Never mind. At this time in my life it would take me WAY to long to drink that much homebrew - too many bathroom breaks. And not enough variety. :)

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Pretty cool that the cop confiscated property and then kept it. Pretty upstanding guy there. :rolleyes:

Fuel tank, though, what's done is done. :D

I checked on the history a bit more: The police friend surprised a group of kids having a kegger up in the canyons, they scattered and left the keg behind. I should post a picture of it, its not one of the really big ones. I did find some kegs on ebay that looked like it and these actually went for decent money. Maybe I should list it there and get some money for the jeeps.