Archived What trails you running this year?

jr4x

The fine is not the issue, it will be all the pissed off people that paid to be there when you didn't.

Myself and a couple of guys I know want to run it at the end of the day on saturday when everyone will be at the raffle. AFTER the ejs crew has been and gone so if a ticket were issued how much is it? Will there be anyone issuing tickets AFTER the ejs has run the trail?

chadschoon

Usually if they are done with the trail your fine. I've had them let me through on Pritchett because they figured the safari was through. We cought them at axel hill. We left them alone and turned around.

I'm always down for a Pritchett run! We went to run it yesterday and were denied repeatedly. Trail was muddy and etc. The obstacle Chewy is getting terribly difficult, and reminds me of the last obstacle before Yellow Hill - that one that is completely off camber with ledges - but worse. My rig was the least capable of the three of us and after 3 hours in, we turned around - didn't even make it to rocker knocker. There was a group 3? just finishing up Chewy when we arrived and we never saw them again. Granted, we played around and BS'ed a lot, but not that much....
How funny, I guess we should've hung around for a few more minutes to see who was behind us! We just saw you all pull up and when the first Jeep pulled up to the hardest line, we figured there was no need to watch as there was no way he was making it up that way. Chewy was a mess that day with the mud, definitely the hardest obstacle of the day. We turned around once the boys figured out the mud line on Rocker Knocker. The kids were getting cold and us girls wanted dinner so we were back to the trucks by 7:00.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Not really wanting to hear that Wayne. the Idea was to lleave the snow of Idaho.

We are planning on running Pritchett next monday If you are still around you are welcome to join us.

Today was another gorgeous day! Had to be in the mid 70's!! We had doors/tops off and were nice and warm all day. We ran steel Bender backwards again and got a late start, so we didn't finish up until at least 5 or 6 and still drove back in town with tops/doors off and not froze. I wished I had my AC working, so I could have used it! :D

I may have to stick around to do that with you guys :cool:

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
How funny, I guess we should've hung around for a few more minutes to see who was behind us! We just saw you all pull up and when the first Jeep pulled up to the hardest line, we figured there was no need to watch as there was no way he was making it up that way. Chewy was a mess that day with the mud, definitely the hardest obstacle of the day. We turned around once the boys figured out the mud line on Rocker Knocker. The kids were getting cold and us girls wanted dinner so we were back to the trucks by 7:00.

lol that means you practically followed us back out. It couldn't have been much before 7 taht we were back at teh trucks.... We turned around at that big crevace thingie that everyone goes throuh, with the big boulders in the wash... You talking about the line way off to the right? They figured that it would have been the easiest, since it was actually dry! lol All three of us actually ended up to the left, in the muddy muck to make it. One guy is Rubicon, comp cut, 40" Maxxis stickies, 60's and Detroits and he had a hard time - I think it more his 110" wheelbase, though... The LJ with BFG stickies had a hard time as well. ..Then there was me with my 38" MTZ's.... It was very fun coming back down that mess!

Those guys ran it again yesterday all the way through and said it was much drier and if it wasn't for the amount of people/carnage, they would have been out sooner. One of their rigs is still? on the backside of Yellow Hill with busted steering. They have been at it all day, in and out about 5 times, trying to get it fixed. I told them they should have trailered in to the bottom of the hill and made their 4 buddies kick the tires all the way down and brought it back to town to fix. They laughed at me and said there was no way to get a trailer back in there. Am I missing something? Granted, it's not the highway, but it would be a lot easier, no?

Tomorrow we're going to run Cliff Hanger and probably head out to BFE. If anyone's up for it, we're meeting for Bfast at 9am at the cafe across/next to GM/Ford. Sorry, don't recall the name of it.....

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
How much is the fine for going on a trail thats exclusive use?

It's high, and everybody will hate you. But in my experience, if they don't want you on, they will stop you at the trailhead and turn you back. If they catch you on the trail beyond then - say you did some cross country work, I believe they have every right to have you arrested for trespassing? I think it is??? Never paid much attention, as I've always just respected their right for useage of the trail.... I know it's a PITA, but there are 51? other weeks in the year you can be on them.

Like on Pritchett, they will hold you back until the group is far enough out that they don't think you will catch them. I have waited and been let go before to catch up to the group later on. in those cases, I've always slowed down to make sure I wasn't in their way or...?