What would you do in Moab Utah

4554x4

always modifing something
I have been to Moab a few times to go wheeling. This time driving through with my wife who has not ever been there. I wish we were there to go wheeling. I wouldn't have this issue. What would you do for perhaps a half a day?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I'd go for a hike, Negro Bill canyon or perhaps Mary Jane Canyon. I love hiking down there this time of year, if you can time it on a sunny day, you'll stay warm enough and not get sweaty! If you have a full day, I'd head to Elephant Hill in Southern Canyonlands and hike the Elephant Hill to Druid Arch trail.... I loved that one!

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
I'd go for a hike, Negro Bill canyon or perhaps Mary Jane Canyon. I love hiking down there this time of year, if you can time it on a sunny day, you'll stay warm enough and not get sweaty! If you have a full day, I'd head to Elephant Hill in Southern Canyonlands and hike the Elephant Hill to Druid Arch trail.... I loved that one!
Negro Bill for sure. Maybe Dead Horse Point.

Unfortunately they have now changed the name of Negro Bill Canyon to Grandstaff Canyon, if you can believe that shit.

It is a nice hike however, whatever they want to call it these days to not offend anyone.

To the OP, if you only have half a day as you're driving through, I would take the time to drive through Arches NP and stop at several of the points of interest and hike around. Absolutely spectacular if you have never been in the actual NP before.

Mike

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
Yeah, I've seen the change.... I'll always call it Negro Bill canyon. Sounds like a good way to sort out the snowflakes.

Agreed. The group we travel with will always call it Negro Bill Canyon as well. It's funny to call it that in town as some people are offended as soon as it comes across your lips.

But then again these are the same people that walk around offended on a daily basis anyways, so I look at it as "mission accomplished.":rofl:

Mike

I have not been to the 2 canyons mentioned above, and I can't wait to check them out next trip to Moab. My family and I have been to Arches several times, and we still have not seen all there is to see. There is some excellent hiking especially for kids with limitless energy like mine. Their favorite is Sand Arch. My favorite is Tower Arch. It has a good 100ft easy vertical climb with an almost 2 mile hike, or you can 4x4 the back way and have maybe a 1/2 mile hike. Both are fun. Delicate Arch is also a nice hike. Remember to take lots of water even if it is cool.