Where has my Jeep been in Helldorado

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
i think the runner would be a challenge cause the body seems to have more girth than an xj. upper helldo changes more than any other trail i've ever been on, the squeeze especially. my old xj/buggy went through it great in 06 and in 07 i got bound up really bad and blew up my front end. it's be a fun trail to hit with a full-bodied rig as long as you don't care and have a trailer :D

also the difficulty of gatekeeper varies as well since you can go at it straight on or go up to the left and drop in. straight on is way more fun but it can be rough

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Actually i would have to put them side by side nate but i would bet the runner is skinner than a XJ especially at the top it gets alot narrower youd be surprised the situations i have squeezed it through unscathed, but like i said i will see

N-Smooth

Actually i would have to put them side by side nate but i would bet the runner is skinner than a XJ especially at the top it gets alot narrower youd be surprised the situations i have squeezed it through unscathed, but like i said i will see

i wasn't only talking width, in that i bet they are close. they are typically a lot taller though(blame the stupid frame for that:rofl:)

i guess we could take measurements and see what's up, not that it's a big deal.

i saw a basically stock(open diffed) f350 crew cab long-bed do escalator (unassisted) and i also saw a stock grand vitara get pushed up it by a couple guys. the comparison is :-\

leorn

reset
also the difficulty of gatekeeper varies as well since you can go at it straight on or go up to the left and drop in. straight on is way more fun but it can be rough
It seemed like the straight-on line can be impossible depending on the year (if the undercut boulder is exposed). I have done the line on the left, and I don't think it's bad at all. Of course, you can fall in the hole and have a bit more fun...

N-Smooth

It seemed like the straight-on line can be impossible depending on the year (if the undercut boulder is exposed). I have done the line on the left, and I don't think it's bad at all. Of course, you can fall in the hole and have a bit more fun...

yeah it was sketchy in 06 but i made it and it looked impossible in 07 so everyone was going around it. the left line is boring