General Tech Where to buy welding supplies

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Hope this fits the category..

I'm newish to the area and I'm bringing my new mig welder online. I'm looking for the most reasonable place to buy/rent tanks for shield gas, buy wire and accessories. Low volume hobby quantities.

Thanks

Eric

STAG

On my grind
I can't help you for your area, but in Utah County I like US Welding, it's a little more pricey than "bargain prices" but their staff is really knowledgable. And they always have good quality merchandise. If I'm feeling "thrifty" and don't want to spend as much I will buy from Humphries in American Fork. More mid-quality stuff though of what they keep in stock, but they can order in anything you need pretty much.

My C-25 shielding gas is on a 10 year tank lease from US Welding.

Last edited:

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
for wire, it looks like Lowes is about as cheap as it gets for Lincoln L-56 .035 at $2 /lb for the 12.5 lb spools. Maybe cheaper for larger spools elsewhere, but 33 lb spool would last me a long, long time.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Maybe I'll get to that point.
Planned projects: rear bumper/tire carrier, mods to camp trailer, fence and gates for the house, new rock sliders, maybe some skid plates. Jerry can holder/dead coyote rack

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Jake at Airgas in Salt Lake, Jake has always been super fair to me. I've not bought a handful of machines from him and countless bottles of gas and supplies over the years... never left me wanting and he is a 4x4 guy & RME'er to boot. Even if there was a place a few bucks cheaper, he has earned my business.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Airgas was on my list. Mind if I drop your name during the introductions?
I'm still trying to figure out the rent-vs-buy aspect. I owned an 80cf tank in Texas that I sold. Would like at least a 125 cf this time.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Airgas was on my list. Mind if I drop your name during the introductions?
I'm still trying to figure out the rent-vs-buy aspect. I owned an 80cf tank in Texas that I sold. Would like at least a 125 cf this time.

Absolutely not, better yet tell him your from RME4x4, Jake is on here from time to time and active in many of the local 4x4 events (EJS, OSRC, etc).

Bucking Bronco

Yep. Jake is the man to talk to. He has always treated me well and on the rare occasion when he wasn't there the rest the guys are very helpful

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
I hate Jake.

Kidding. He's helped me a few times and has done great. Buy your bottle if you can. Then just have them swap it out when you need it filled.

On a side note, every time I buy from them, I amaze the workers at the discount I get from the account I use. I always pay cash. I get 44lbs spools because they are cheaper then 30 lbs spools. And my last rod purchase was better then half off. :D
I may have to post up before my next trip over there to see if anyone needs something.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Just snagged a bargain off KSL. 200 cf bottle full for $150

I talked to Jake and he quoted $220 for a 125 cf bottle and $40 for the fill of C25.
then he said go check KSL and CL

Last edited: