Where to Fish

Rblcori7

Ok so im some what new in the area and i need to know some good places to go fishing in the layton area, any good places some what close would be nice

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
There are lots of local ponds to fish in which is alright if you just want to sit and and watch your pole.

X2 on the wipers at Willard.

There is Mantua up by Brigham City with Bass, Blue Gill, Trout and Perch. The Bass and Blue Gill will be bedding soon and it's a lot of fun.

rholbrook

Where are good areas to fly fish? I'm in the Hill AFB area.

Montana this weekend for the opener on the Madison River below Quake Lake. When the water levels on the rivers around here I would be happy to take you. I have access to private property on the middle Provo which makes the walk a minimum to access descent water.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Where are good areas to fly fish? I'm in the Hill AFB area.

Pretty soon my boat will be ready and my buddy and I will be more than happy to have you tag along with us. We will probably head up to Mantua for the first trip with the new boat. It's a 14' John boat so it's got plenty of room for an extra body. And when we go if something goes wrong with the boat it's plenty easy to fish from the shore.

Both of us are stationed at Hill. It might not be until after Memorial Day weekend before we take it out but as long as my horrible memory doesn't plague me I'll be sure to let you know.

Houndoc

The wipers are fun. You also have easy access to Pineview, Echo, East Canyon etc all with in an hours drive from Layton. Also the ponds on west side of Bountiful are another close choice.