• Dana 44

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Ford 8.8

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xjc

I give up :(
sounds like the rodeo might be close to the width of the cherokee cuz the old cherokee WJ's are 3 or 4 inches wider than the new cherokees. I am curiouse to hear what the actual measure is.

Thanks

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Originally posted by xjc
sounds like the rodeo might be close to the width of the cherokee cuz the old cherokee WJ's are 3 or 4 inches wider than the new cherokees. I am curiouse to hear what the actual measure is.

Thanks

You do mean SJ or FSJ rather than WJ? The WJ is newest Grand Cherokee ('99-current) and FSJ or SJ are the '60something-'91 Cherokee/Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer platform. The width of the axles are very similar between FSJ/SJ to XJ/ZJ/YJ/TJ axles.

wort

frenchie
Originally posted by mbryson
What about a Toy rear axle? Similar size and weight as the 8.8 or D44. Carl {That Rocklogic guy, you know} was telling me about 2WD 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern Toys......grab an electric locker out of a TRD and you've got something pretty cool, IMHO.

id have to agree- toyota is definitley a good option- i have a front toy 8" with a third member with electric locker out of a fj-80 landcruiser- i just have to make some minor mods to the housing to get it to fit. (cant wait to get that in my truck:D ) they are way stronger- even some landcruiser guys are switching to minitruck front axles because of clearance issues- if you want even stronger look to the land cruiser axles- theyre HUGE! you'd never break one.