• FJ TRD Anthracite Grey Wheels

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • keep what I have

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
right now I have some billet silver 17's that came on the truck. I kind of want grey/black wheels, and I think I want 16's since tires seem so much less expensive in that size. I keep going back and forth on which wheels to do. What do you guys think?

Option 1: Pro Com 7089 ($410 + mount and balance)
Option 2: Toyota FJ TRD wheels in anthracite grey (about $600 + m/b)
Option 3: Just keep what I have (extra $200 per set of tires vs same tire in 16" rim)

Thanks!

Attachments

• pro comp 7089.jpg
    pro comp 7089.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 14
  • trd wheel.jpg
    trd wheel.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 19
  • current 17.jpg
    current 17.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 34

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Option #2 is good lookin'. BUT, I'd probably keep what's there, and keep your eyes out for used tires. :D

Cascadia

Undecided
Do you already have a line on a set of the trd wheels? When I was looking for some for my Tacoma the cheapest I could find was 1200. I went with the level 8 strike 6. If you can get some for 600 though then I'd go trd.

If I remember right though, the trd wheels on my Tacoma were sucked in way too far with the offset....I think that's what I remember.

carsonc1974

offset will be weird with the fj wheels. I like them but definitively not worth the cost imo. i would also stay away from 16 inch wheels, harder to find an assortment of tires... i plan on losing my 16's as soon as i have the $$$ for 17's... By they way... are those methods that you have now???? I would kill for those wheels

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Me too. I don't get the fascination with the FJ wheels.

You second Kurt on the FJ TRD wheels, but don't get the fascination with them? I just think they are kind of cool looking.

Option #2 is good lookin'. BUT, I'd probably keep what's there, and keep your eyes out for used tires.

Not always easy finding a good set of metric tires. You can come across 33's and 35's all the time, but the metric stuff isn't as common in the tires I like

If I remember right though, the trd wheels on my Tacoma were sucked in way too far with the offset....I think that's what I remember.

I think I have a line on them (although stock hasn't been checked), but I'm also concerned about the offset sucking them in too far. I like my stance now how it is.

offset will be weird with the fj wheels. I like them but definitively not worth the cost imo. i would also stay away from 16 inch wheels, harder to find an assortment of tires... i plan on losing my 16's as soon as i have the $$$ for 17's... By they way... are those methods that you have now???? I would kill for those wheels

The two tires I'm interested in both come in a 16, but only one comes in a 17 and it's like $50+ more per tire. Yes, my current wheels are methods. I suppose I could add the black version of the methods to my list, or powder coat them. I was going to keep the wheels and ditch my desire for gray/black wheels, but then I saw a taco the same color as mine with black wheels and it stuck the idea back in my head.

Anyone know a good powdercoating place? My problem is I can't be without my truck for too long and wheels are fairly important to the driving process.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I vote for powder coating your current wheels. If you have a garage to park my FJ in and put it up on blocks you can borrow my wheels and tires while you are getting your wheels done. I usually work out of town for a week or more at a time and have a work truck so the FJ just sits where I store it. Just don't get any ideas about keeping my 17' black steelies...I love those magnificent bastards!!!

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Maybe I can help narrow it down,

I checked stock on the PXA's and they have been discontinued in that size, and we are completely out of stock.

Besides, I would run the TRD's myself, those 7089's are the ugliest wheel procomp has ever made.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I think I may be leaning towards powder coating my wheels. My biggest concern with the FJ wheels is the offset. I do like the red TRD logo though..