Who are you?

Hello!

my name is Chris(20yo) and I currently live in Tampa, FL but im more than likely getting a job in the Layton area at the end of this month. I just wanted to join to see what the wheeling is like out here. :D

well here is my rig:

DSCN2361.jpg

jsdbvgfasdk004.jpg

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Brian DuCette
26 years old
Married with a 9 month old girl
Some college mostly stuff from the Air Force
Currently I'm in my 5th year in the Air Force (only 15 to go woo hoo)
Hobbies are mostly wheeling, hunting, fishing, camping even though I haven't done alot of any of that lately.

• Andre Shoumatoff
  • 29, turning 30 in less than 10 days :)
  • Married (a month ago to the day!) but we have been together 7 years :)
  • Originally from New York State, went to high school in Western Mass, college in Vermont. Moved out here to ski, fell in love (with Carrie, and Utah!) and never left, I love it here... I can dig the Mo vibe and understand where a lot of you guys are coming from...
  • Driving mostly Land Cruisers since about 1999, 60 series, a couple 40s and I had a diesel '71 FJ55 for a couple years. Currently building a Cummins diesel FJ55 on a FZJ80 frame with 6 speed, and also have a couple decent condition mini trucks including one I'm building. Also just scored a M416 trailer not sure what I'm going to do with. I have a small shop in Heber that I have a couple of buddies share with me, 4 of us total... Between all of us the trucks are a FJ62 with an Isuzu diesel on Old Man Emu and 33x10.5s, a FZJ80 lifted/locked on OME with 4x4labs & ARB bumpers, a 1984 BJ42 (factory 5 speed diesel FJ40 style truck), a build FJ Cruiser, a 100 series Land Cruiser, and an old Rover 109 with a Vortec V6 and 5 speed that is sweet...
  • Other hobbies, I'm sort of liberal hippie as Kurt calls me so I telemark ski and mountain bike a lot... Into politics and arguing them online :) My wife who is just awesome and is her own little hobby just by herself :) And other things.. I like exploratory type wheeling like Kurt but hardly have the time to get out. The gear list is getting good though... But I like harder wheeling too but won't go much bigger than 35s on builds because they are all kinda DDer-like... But I love Pritchett for example :)

thanks guys! Andre

Here is a pic of my old FJ55. The new one will look a lot like it...

Attachments

• SM_cruiser.JPG
    SM_cruiser.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 24

jsudar

I guess my time has come.

Name: Jon

Married 6 years

Two kids, Calvin 3 and Lily 1 (she was supposed to be Hobbes)

Education: BS in Tech Management/automotive technology from Utah Valley State High School (tried Mech. Engineering at BYU, but they wouldn't let me walk on the grass or not shave, so I told them to take their scholarship and stick it...)

Occupation: was an automotive tech for 10 years (#10 in the nation 2005) but mixing careers and hobbies brings the suck. Now, I work at a water treatment plant.

Hobbies: tinkering with trucks, guns, RC cars. Mountain biking-- used to do BMX and trials, but screwed up my back too much to do the really crazy stuff now.

STAG

On my grind
I guess it's my turn..

Name: Chance Housekeeper
D.O.B: April 26th 1990 (426 is my lucky number)
Age: 19 in a month (Hey what do you know I'm the same age as Joe T is mentally!)
Education: Lehi High & Pleasant Grove High
Past Occupation: 4.5 years of excavation..
Current Occupation: Work for Eckles Paving. (Sumsion Construction)
Future Occupation: Want to go into my own custom 4x4 fabrication business within 2 or 3 years.
Marital: Single :-\
Pets: Used to...
Hobbies: Girls... Building up my YJ... Snowboarding... Wakeboarding.. Trap Shooting... Getting speeding tickets... Partyin... Stayin up late (as you can tell)... Ridin my wheeler... Wanting to get my rig finished so I can go wheeling again... Scuba-Diving...
Rigs: Used to have an '87 XJ (pictured) on full width Ford 1/2 tons & 37's. Decided I hate unibodies. Admit it wasn't very well built because I didn't know better at the time (which got me hooked on fabrication and doing it the right way.)

-Currently building a 1Ton "YJ Unlimited"..

-2002 Honda 400EX - 440 BigBoreKit - Stage2 Racing Cam - Ported/Polished - K&N (Pictured)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

wheelintrip92708009.jpg
wheelintrip92708013.jpg

-This was the final trip of the XJ... It was out at the snakes last fall.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
sspx0285.jpg
labordaydunes.png

-Me riding out at the Little Sahara Sand Dunes on Labor Day '08 (without a helmet oddly, I usually always wheel with one on)

Last edited:

NED-64-CJ5

The Four Wheel Fanatic
Hey, I'll join up.

Name: Dex
Ed: Jr at MC
Rigs: 1988 Nissan Hardbody 3 inch lift, 31's, and a push bar I made myself...1964 Jeep CJ5 resto project...hope to put a 2 or 3 inch lift, roll cage, 30's or 31's, and more on it...that is when i finally get some money
Hobbies: workin' on my truck, workin' on my Jeep, workin' on and ridin' my snowmobile, ridin' my fourwheeler, campin', hangin' with my friends...

Attachments

• 100_1731.jpg
    100_1731.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1698.jpg
    100_1698.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_1413.jpg
    100_1413.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1487.jpg
    100_1487.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 10

utah340six

ok well play
nmae Tom Lecheminant
age 52
married 29 years
2 boys 1-15 going on dead (16)
1-22 and married
1- grandson 1 year old will be 3rd time to moab

love the out doors jeeps, old mopars(70 challenger) new mopars(2009 challenger)
snowmobiling or just going to the cabin
work for my self in telecomunications.
born in idaho and came here for a little while 30 years ago.
home (idaho) is borring

Green Leader

Sweet idea Brett.

Name: Erick Flegal
Marital status: 6.5 yrs to a wonderfully jeeping involved women. Her name is Sara.
Children: We just recently had our first on the way but miscarried, But we have our 2 dogs.
Education: The street
Other Activities: Hiking, Drawing, Thinking of what else the Jeep needs. Camping and just getting into guns.

Twisted

NEEDAMONEYTREE
Dave Chandler
Married 20 years Oct 5 this year to a wonderful (yet sometimes bossy) wife Elaine. Bonus = she likes to wheel & she can cook!
3 Kids = Makayla 23 married, Tanesha 18, Jonnathan 12
3 Grand Kids = Aaron 7, Alexis 5, Deacon 3
1 Dog = Buddha, 1 Cat = Bob
Evanston Wyoming for 25 years. before that, several different places.
Graduated South Rich High 1984
Rig Manager for Precision/Greywolf Drilling........Oilfield 25 years
Spending time with the family, camping, sightseeing, honeydo's, and try to incorporate some kind of wheeling into all of the above.
73 Commando sprung over scout 44's 4.56's spooled w/poison spyder full width kit, 304 w/holley pro-jection tbi & hei, th400, d20 w/teralow kit, 36 13.50 15 iroks.
07 JK Unlimited Rubi w/ 4" Superlift, 35" KM2's, smittybuilt front bumper w/ SE9500 winch, diff guards

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
Name: Bryan Summers
Married 11 years to lovely wife Jeri.
Children: None, except the 3 furry ones. A lab, a little collie, and a corgi mix.
Education: BSEE
Occupation: Electrical Engineer at Kern River Gas Transmission Company
Rig: 4 seater rockwell buggy with 44" trxus swamper tires

Dodge%20and%20Buggy.JPG

May%2009%20Moab%20Cliffhanger.JPG

landtortise89

Justin Volquardsen
Gooding Idaho
married for 3 years 0 kids
3 dogs
Education: Associates in Drafting and design, Working on Bachelors in Engineering
Hobbies include hunting, fishing, wheeling, wrenching, hanging with friends, and anything that has a motor.
Work: civil draftsman for Idaho Transportation Dept.
Rig: 89 Bronco 44 SAS up front locked 8.8 rear locked 4" lift on 37" Boggers

Last edited:

Duff

pog mo thoin
Nick Duff
Roy, UT
Single
1 dog

Education: HS graduate, attending school of hard knocks

Hobbies: Playing guitar, wrenching, wheeling, meeting random girls in weird places

Work: currently unemployed :/

Rig: 97 Jeep XJ, 2" lift, 31" liberator A/T, Mustang GT hood scoop :D

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
Name: Sean OKeefe
Marital status: Single
Children: Nope, just Juno my alaskan malimute
Education: some college 10 years ago
Occupation: Equipment manager for a private golf resort, and work part time repossessing cars
Other Activities: Snowmobiling, snowboarding, riding dunes, wheeling, fabing and welding junk, camping, golf, fly fishing, working on cars and trucks
current ride: 95 Orvis zj, 78 gmc 3/4 ton, 68 chevelle, all works in progress

I have been lurking around this forum for a bit and took the plunge.

Name: Scott Macfarlane

Marital status: Married

Children: little guy ( 3 months old )

Education: Trade school

Occupation: Journeyman welder, Journeyman Steel Fabricator ( I build those big wind towers )

current ride
: 1985 Suzuki Samurai LWB, 2004 Rubicon, 2004 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 LE.

Hobbies: Snowboarding, Skateboarding, Adventure driving, Motocross and a little fishing.

user_offline.gif

Last edited:

ericson_hummer

Well, I'm Eric & i'm single(I lovin' it) finished my masters in business and I'm a electronics goods wholesale vendor based out in florida. My hobbies include adventure riding & go-kart racing. Wanna join me? :)