Who goes Ice fishing????

O'neal

?????????
I cannot seem to get enough,gonna be sad when the ice melt's off...I've been to the gorge 6 time's,down to echo,over to pineview and around here locally (sulfer creek and the woodruff narrows).Everyone say's I'm crazy,die hard who like's freezing to death LOL! .Been going after work once or twice during the week and usually everyday on the weekend's.I do have a wifey wheeler project i'm in the middle of,honeydooo's and the like but at this time of the year,all that matter's is drillin hole's and catchin fish!Funny thing is 99% go back and take what the fam and I can eat.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I dabble in it. I used to fish a lot more than I do now, I'm thinking of going to go up to Strawberry on Monday but the weather has me a little spooked. Last year I went up and pulled a 20" cutthroat out of the ice. Slot limit sucks so it went back in the hole. I'm not as familiar with Strawberry as I'd like last year we were by a Marina and between 8 of us I was the only one that got anything. I went up to Scofield about a month ago and had one fall off as I was pulling it out of the hole and my Dad caught about 6 chubs.

carsonc1974

Im with you... havent gotten my fill fishing the hard deck yet. I still havent made it down to fish lake yet and really REALLY want to.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
We have been out quite a bit, mostly Rockport, Currant Creek and Starvation. We have had plenty of fish to eat. Haven't made it to the Gorge but want to and I got sick just before our annual Fish Lake trip and had to skip it.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Never fished through the ice here in Utah, but in Alaska there was a lake across from my neighborhood that we would ice fish in. By the end of the season, the ice would be so thick the auger wouldn't cut through it.

O'neal

?????????
Going to step up for next season and do all the burbot bashes at the gorge.I have a frabill hut,hand auger,MR heater but need to upgrade to a bigger popup tent,powered auger,cot/sleepin bag and a top burner on a pane tank.

The ice here is thick enough that I have to finish on my knee's but I love the workout of a hand auger....nothing better than a good arm burn.We have a lot of snow so....it's get through a foot and a half to hit the 8-10in of good solid ice.

O'neal

?????????
Went back to the gorge after work yesterday to get one last trip in.Went into the lost dog/confluence area for some ling,only iced one but had numerous nibble's.Called it at 1:30am and headed home.I really wanted to fish in the big bend area all night and catch some mack's this morning but the ice is broken up/open water in the area as well as the marina at buckboard and did not feel it would be a good idea in the dark.Good new's is,spring is around the corner and boating wont be long.