Who would you want to control Jeep?

Who would you like to buy and control the Jeep brand?

• Nissan

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Toyota

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Honda

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Hyundai

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Daimler (Benz)

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • GM

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Ford

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Ohter...who?

Votes: 12 14.3%

• Total voters

Houndoc

i choose "other". why, well since being in Europe (Italy) for the past 10 months er so, i have seen what kind of vehicles they have here and how they are dealing with the 3,4,5 dollars a gallon thing. it seems they are surviving quite well and still have a good quality and engineering in there vehicles. i feel that they could make a great Jeep that would still be drivable and be able to satisfy the utility/offroad aspect. preferably Audi/VW since seeing there euro-spec turbo diesel A6's and touregs. those motors haul ass and would make the regular off roader grin ear to ear used in a Jeep.

After posting the poll I reaslized should have added VW to the list of choices.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee

I can see the bumper stickers now, "Bankruptsy.. It's a JEEP thing, you wouldn't understand.. Unless of course you own a Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Lincoln, Pontiac, or anything else manufactured by greedy, whiny Americans looking for a golden parachute"

Ok, ok a bit long for a bumper sticker.

themaniam1

Just Empty Every Pocket
With Fiat in charge, will Jeep be as fast and dependable as their sports cars? That was one match that I would never have put together. It scares me. :eek:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I was in talking to one of my clients yesterda and he showed me the notice that announced Fiat buying Chrysler. At that point I had not thought about the Jeep line. :-\

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
...Unless of course you own a Ford... or anything else manufactured by greedy, whiny Americans looking for a golden parachute"

:confused: I haven't had time to stay up with current events lately, but last I heard Ford was saying they don't need assistance...?

abhaulr1

Bush Eaters
Well i thought i would chime in on this, I have hauled new cars for the past 12 yrs. started with gm, then the contract went to ford, and now dodge. The rumor when contract time came up in july of 08 for the gm that they were trying to buy dodge. If the buy out would have gone through, GM was going to shut down production of all lines except for these.
The Caravan: Gm has never been able to produce a quality mini van
The Unlimiteds: they just dont have anything that would compete.
The Novalty lines: charger, challenger and what erver else they come up with.
Since the buy out did not go then we are stuck with what we got. We as car haulers goes, we were hoping for a bankrupcy on the part of Dodge. The affect would be a trickle down affect. 1: It would break the UAW contract. I'm not for trying to screw the worker, but at the moment the way the economy is they could give in a little. 2: By breaking the UAW contract it would allow the renegotiation and possibly the reduced prices of vehicles.
When the money was apropreated (?) for the big 3 Ford didnt take any, GM took 17 Billion with Chrysler taking 7 Billion. Will see how they do. All 3 shut down on the 19th of Dec and wont go back to work until the 2nd of Feb.
Dwayne

Houndoc

Don't know how it will affect Jeep as far as products go, but it was announced yesterday the Chrysler and Fiat entered an agreement where they will share markets and technology (esp. using Fiat tech to help sell fuel effecient vehicle here and help sell Chrysler products-I would guess including Jeep- in markets such as South America.)

Fiat will take a 35% ownership of Chrysler.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
According to the JP magazine I got in the mail today, International is buying jeep. A 5.7 liter for the JK in 2010. Also an option for the 3.0 in the Jk, and eventualy the 4.5 navistar, and an allsion 1000 5 speed. The 4.5 option is about 4,000 bucks. Liberty gets the 3.0 current mercedes diesel. Future plans are to give it and the grand back solid front axles. Then this! They are thinking about bringing back the scout and travelall names and prototypes:D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
According to the JP magazine I got in the mail today, International is buying jeep. A 5.7 liter for the JK in 2010. Also an option for the 3.0 in the Jk, and eventualy the 4.5 navistar, and an allsion 1000 5 speed. The 4.5 option is about 4,000 bucks. Liberty gets the 3.0 current mercedes diesel. Future plans are to give it and the grand back solid front axles. Then this! They are thinking about bringing back the scout and travelall names and prototypes:D

Is that the April issue?

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin

Best possible outcome, IMO!! I may have to hold out for a factory 5.7l JK, that would be fun! :cool: Hooray to Intertrashional!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Wow, that is good news! Go International & Jeep! Finally back in the hands of people who know how to build it right. (Not saying that Scouts were built right. :p :p )

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Yea that has to be their "April Fool" joke. There is no way we are all of the sudden going to get everything we want out of Jeeps and JP magazine is the only one that knows about it :D

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Yea that has to be their "April Fool" joke. There is no way we are all of the sudden going to get everything we want out of Jeeps and JP magazine is the only one that knows about it :D

Damnit thats probably right!:rofl: Pretty funny actually