Who's rig is their DD?

TNT

mine is a DD unless I can talk the wife into letting me borrow MY other car. Unfortunatly she took that one over when we got married. I don't mind it most of the time, except when it's really cold (no heater). Plus I've noticed I don't get cut off nearly as much in the CJ as I do in a little car. So that's another plus.

Todd

SuperRunner

Turbo is my middle name
Yup daily driver. In fact I just got back from the east coast, and I have a picture of my 4runner with the statue of liberty in the background to prove it.

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
you local again robert? Mine also used to be. I could if I wanted, I'm afraid someone will steal it. I drive a rust bucket instead.

tuck

spud crawler
Originally posted by SRN
Mines a daily driver, in the winter anyway. I've got an '83 Volkwagon GTI that I drive (and race) in the summer.

SRN,

What are the specs on your GTI? i always see GTI's and GLI's in the classifieds and I'm tempted to pick one up and modify it for high-speed cruisin'. I would like something that is still economical around town, but is still fun to drive and fast on the freeway. I love the way Volkswagens drive.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
My (tow) rig is my daily driver. Eventually I will register the Jeep again, just gotta tie up a few loose ends, like: finish the exhaust, build a fuel tank not in the passenger compartment, build removable fenders, buy a windshield, mudflaps, doors, mirrors, non beadlock wheels... Do we have to pay back taxes in Utah on vehicles that have not been registered in several years?

Jeremy

total tacoma points: 162
Originally posted by RockMonkey
My (tow) rig is my daily driver. Eventually I will register the Jeep again, just gotta tie up a few loose ends, like: finish the exhaust, build a fuel tank not in the passenger compartment, build removable fenders, buy a windshield, mudflaps, doors, mirrors, non beadlock wheels... Do we have to pay back taxes in Utah on vehicles that have not been registered in several years?

one question. did the jeep in your garage start out as the one that drove over my brothers caddie?

xjc

I give up :(
Mine is,

75-80 mph across the desert every day (every fourth day that I drive the car pool) on the way to the rocket factory. Thats why it has a modest lift and weak tires. Swampers don't last very long at 75mph not to mention the need for ear plugs.

SYE some day, then I can get it up a little further

Wanker Delux

The Other Greg
Originally posted by RockMonkey

my understanding on back taxes is that you only have to pay them for one year back. Seeing as I just bought a zuk that hasn't been registered since '98 and I didn't have to pay $200 in taxes, I believe this is true, at least if you just bought it, it may not apply if you have owned it for more than one year.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by EKSJAE

one question. did the jeep in your garage start out as the one that drove over my brothers caddie?
Shownuff! That Caddie prolly had a York in it too... Six months worth of cutting, welding, and painting and my Jeep was done with puberty. :D

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Originally posted by Wanker Delux

my understanding on back taxes is that you only have to pay them for one year back. Seeing as I just bought a zuk that hasn't been registered since '98 and I didn't have to pay $200 in taxes, I believe this is true, at least if you just bought it, it may not apply if you have owned it for more than one year.
Owned it forever, just didn't re-register it when it expired a little over a year ago. Sounds like I should expect to pay a bit when I get around to re-registering it (prolly will be another year or more).