Votes: 4 5.7%
  • I'm a Cody groupie

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 12 17.1%

• Total voters

Meat_

Banned
It seems that RME gets tons of traffic, this is especially evident in light of Greg and Shane having to buy a dedicated server

There are always a lot of lurkers, and it seems that there have been at least 4 new members signing up every day for the last month....

So why on god's green earth are there never any posts other than for sale threads?

The poll will be anonymous, but feel free to post your reasons.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Cause I am scared. Also everytime you post a link Meat and I click on it, I get a virus. I wanted to click on the dedicated server thing but not going through that again and again.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
There are always a lot of lurkers, and it seems that there have been at least 4 new members signing up every day for the last month....

Lately it's actually been quite a bit new members per day, which is great. Averaging between 7-10/day for the last few weeks. It would be cool to have more people posting, and they will with time.

I know we have a couple core clique like groups here, but I would love to see more people forming their own groups and joining in on the madness here.

Meat_

Banned
Cause I am scared. Also everytime you post a link Meat and I click on it, I get a virus. I wanted to click on the dedicated server thing but not going through that again and again.

:confused: You must be infested yourself there buddy

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Where do you think the influx is coming from? Have you pushed the site with more advertising?

No more advertising than usual, of course the ad in Crawl Mag helps. I really pushed the RME Wrangler Build on multiple sites, which I think has brought in additional traffic.

ATOYA4U

Cheating is trying!!
I have talked to a few people and it seams that they are a little timid. They get on pirate and get reamed by the guys on there so they automatically assume its the same here!

Caleb

I have talked to a few people and it seams that they are a little timid. They get on pirate and get reamed by the guys on there so they automatically assume its the same here!
I think this is a big part of a lot of people's issue. I've heard RME referred to more than once as baby pirate. I think the site has gotten a ton better than it used to be about this. I don't think there is really any hazing of new members at all really. I think some of the older members still give each other crap but I think they generally wait until they know each other can take it.

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
yeah my poll got dorked.... wanna fix it for me?

I'm shy 25%

I don't have anything to add 15%

I am intimidated by the regulars 25% this is a trick selection as I do have occasionally things to add or I think I do, but this poll choice trumps self percieved value of addition.

I don't want to open my mouth and prove that I am a fool35% this also is a trick question ffoir if Iwere to ad, see last poll choice it would be apparent I am clueless, and would leave myself wide open for an attack from the hardhitters, Tacoma, Cody, etc. Actually a Cody esque attack or to be able to say "I have been taco'ed on RME" would actually be brag points

So, I lurk and post when I think I have a valuable suggestion, and learn that it was or wasn't and why either way.

When I actually finish a build... and I have a thread started somewhere on the internet.. I will post here...

ANd then I may get taco'ed over why, but he likes 'bourbons... so I may be okay.:greg:

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
And I got skeered in the early days of being on here, y'all would post a run, or talk about this place or that place, and I humbly asked "where" once.... it was suggested (heh, see location bit on avatar) that maybe I should be deported to Idaho...

Like I really knew where Mineral Basin was..... Frick I had been here two weeks maybe when I joined, actually three, says April and we moved in March to Springville.. so yeah.

Y'all wanna draw me a map to Silver City, w/o using the internet? How about Tahoe Ridge... or Sally Ann Road... Find Independence Flats on a map.. I dare you....

case in point.

That kept me off the board for a while, oh and I wheeled a 4x4 minivan... that made me the most popular wheeler here*

And I thought (think if you go to the Toyota website...) it was actually quite capable for stock..... that was also an extremely popular opinion*

So.... for almost 5 years of posting here, my post count averages 1 every 3 days or something.

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I hope I don't keep any newbies from registering/posting, I know I can be a jerk but I try to reserve that only for the folks that are just begging for it. IMO if you ask for it, you're gonna get it. -_-

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
Having said that... I love it here, and when Cody pontificates... DAMN! boy got mouth skills....

(thought about editing that after I typed it.... but I think we all knew what I meant)

jdub

Scrambler
I agree, we could always use a larger pool of intelligence here but of course it means more ignorance could be expected.

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Am I that bad?!?!? :rofl:

I grew up in a pit of sarcasm and ball-busting. UT is... not so much like that, at least not "in general"... :rofl: And I like to argue sometimes...

... but I've got a heart of gooooooooollllllddd, I swear it!!! hahahah