Winch rope

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I am finishing up my new winch mount for the 9.5TI Warn that I fixed up. I want to run a synthetic rope on it and wanted opinions on which ropes I should look at, length, capacity etc. There are quite a few out there but want to get one that will work well with the 9.5. It will be on my Scrambler. If anyone has a good rope laying around that they would sell that would also work.

RockChucker

I run a 3/8” JM Rigging rope on my 9.5Ti. It’s been on there for close to 10 years. It’s just under 100’. I recently eliminated the hook and have a loop-loop connection with a soft shackle on the end. I need to take my winch apart and do some restoration. It’s looking pretty rough these days.

Attachments

• IMG_5555.jpeg
    IMG_5555.jpeg
    439.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5556.jpeg
    IMG_5556.jpeg
    393.4 KB · Views: 29

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I'd even suggest to run a few feet less than full capacity too - less worry about the rope bunching up on the drum and causing issues, higher pulling capacity with fewer layers of rope, and carrying a winch extension is easy. I'd run 70 or so feet of rope on the winch itself, and carry roughly the same length as an extension.

STAG

On my grind
I'd even suggest to run a few feet less than full capacity too - less worry about the rope bunching up on the drum and causing issues, higher pulling capacity with fewer layers of rope, and carrying a winch extension is easy. I'd run 70 or so feet of rope on the winch itself, and carry roughly the same length as an extension.
This. But definitely carry an extension. Sucks when the closest winch anchor point is 100’ away but the winch rope just won’t reach quite reach it 😂