windows 7

Caleb

Those are meant for System Builders.
"Disclaimer: Use of this OEM System Builder Channel software is subject to the terms of the Microsoft OEM System Builder License. This software is intended for pre-installation on a new personal computer for resale. This OEM System Builder Channel software requires the assembler to provide end user support for the Windows"
The retail version has both so why not get it?
In reality (according to their EULA), OEM versions can be used by anyone, but has a lot more restrictions. As noted in your note, no support but also it's technically only good for one machine ever. So if you rebuild your machine or get a new one, you're supposed to get a new OEM license.

OldGeezer

In reality (according to their EULA), OEM versions can be used by anyone, but has a lot more restrictions. As noted in your note, no support but also it's technically only good for one machine ever. So if you rebuild your machine or get a new one, you're supposed to get a new OEM license.

Right. I didn't mean to imply that OEM was only for system builders, just that it was intended for them. Frankly, I'd just offer the one package-does-it-all version and price it reasonably. Do away with all the confusion. I guess that's why I'm not in charge.

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
HPTuner devices along with almost everything else (that's still currently sold/used) has support for 64 bit hardware drivers and Win7, or will very soon. You can also generally run in XP compatability mode as admin and get older software to work.

Last edited:

kkemp

I bought the Full Home Premium version from Newegg. It came with 32 an 64 bit versions. They are on two separate DVDs. You can change your mind later and install the other version if you like.

I think Windows 7 is great. I especially like the new task bar. I'm running the 32 bit version because I have hardware that I doesn't have 64 bit drivers. Eventually, that may change. Now that I think about, I think the 64 bit drivers I need are available.

The reason I got the retail version instead of the oem version was so that I can move it to a new computer if I want to. I probably should have gone with the oem version like I usually do.

BTW, you are really only supposed to be able to get the OEM version if you buy it at the same time you are buying hardware, like a harddrive etc.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
I bought the Full Home Premium version from Newegg. It came with 32 an 64 bit versions. They are on two separate DVDs. You can change your mind later and install the other version if you like.

I think Windows 7 is great. I especially like the new task bar. I'm running the 32 bit version because I have hardware that I doesn't have 64 bit drivers. Eventually, that may change. Now that I think about, I think the 64 bit drivers I need are available.

The reason I got the retail version instead of the oem version was so that I can move it to a new computer if I want to. I probably should have gone with the oem version like I usually do.

BTW, you are really only supposed to be able to get the OEM version if you buy it at the same time you are buying hardware, like a harddrive etc.
Thanks! that's what I needed to know :D
So, for those running Win7, who's activated God Mode? :rofl:

God mode?