South-West Utah Winter 4x4 Jamboree January 23rd and 24th, 2015

meach4x4

While we are waiting (patiently) for updated trail descriptions and ratings, here is a list of offered trails, in order of difficulty... as rated by one person... Me! Others opinions may differ... and that would be a good conversation to have while we are waiting for the official version of the ratings:

Silver Reef (suv road trip)
Toquerville Falls/Babylon
East Rim
Honeymoon Trail
Voyeur Trail
West Rim Lite
Milt's Mile Lite
Sliplock Gulch Lite
West Rim
Barracks Trail (If weather permits)
Fault Line
Sliplock Gulch
Milt's Mile
John's Trail
Double Sammy
Plan B
The Maze
Chain Reaction
The Squeeze
Renegade
Joint Effort
TNT
Arrowhead Canyon
Dutchman's Draw
Ash Creek

Note: These are trails we have permits to run. Most, but not all, of these events will be run, based on weather and number of registered participants.

Disclaimer... I haven't been on all these trails harder than the Maze, I just have to go by what others have said. Your input is appreciated!

meach4x4

We went out and did a test drive on Milt's Mile Lite and West Rim Lite on Monday. The idea is to offer trails to folks with unmodified 4x4's that want something that requires 4x4 but doesn't need big tires, lockers, etc. The Lite Runs are still pretty fun, especially in my Tracker with 30" tires, no lockers, 2" lift, and only 1.8:1 low range. Milt's Mile Lite was pretty challenging in a couple of spots, and West Rim Lite was fun, but easy. We also tested them with a stock JK 2 door on stock tires, no lift. No problem getting through either run. We previously ran West Rim Lite in the stock J/K 2 door with a novice driver and a stock 4 door. No problems. Needed some spotting, but I think we have success! Trail leaders for both runs are going to run them again a couple of times before Winter 4x4 Jamboree. We will offer a "First Timer Lite Package" that will be West Rim Lite on Friday and and Milts Mile Lite on Saturday. If you know any first timers that might be interested, have them go to the Winter 4x4 Jamboree facebook page and let us know.

utjb57

Just a reminder that pre registration for the 20 raffle tickets 1 dinner and 1 shirt ends dec. 31.
after that it will be 1 raffle ticket per registration with 1 dinner and 1 shirt.

maveric

Crawler Collecter
Weather??

When I think of St. George, I think warm weather and palm trees (I have only really been through there in the summer), but looking at the e-weather, it is showing snow and cold this week.
Since I have never wheeled there, what can I expect? What has the weather been in the past? I would imagine the trails are exponentially harder covered in snow...

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Weather??

When I think of St. George, I think warm weather and palm trees (I have only really been through there in the summer), but looking at the e-weather, it is showing snow and cold this week.
Since I have never wheeled there, what can I expect? What has the weather been in the past? I would imagine the trails are exponentially harder covered in snow...

Last year I wore a lined zip-up hoodie in the morning and a light zip-up hoodie during the day. It was great weather.

yz250_

You'll just have to check the weather at the time of event. Can be 15 degrees and snowing to 60 and sunny.

All in the same day :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coco

In years past, it has been cold in the mornings, but shorts and T-shirt weather (at least for me) in the afternoons. Usually around 60° the last couple times I was down there. I hope it will be the same this year! Especially since I will have my own rig finally.

The palm trees have had it rough the last couple winters down there. A lot of them have died off from what I hear, but it is cool to see them down there.

Pile of parts

Either I'm not looking in the right place on the web site or maybe it's because I don't do Facebook....but can you give us more details on where to meet and what time. I gather that we choose our trails each morning. Excited about the event, just need a little info for this newb.