Woodworking projects for winter 2013

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Oh wow that's a long time, I was thinking by the time I toss the tree it would be dry enough lol. I'll text ya about a scrap piece then, no rush though since it's just a utensil.
No prob. I have maple, cherry, walnut,oak, and poplar. For something around food, I would go with cherry or maple. A wood with a tight grain and small pores. I am arou d all next week.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Here's a late notice wood working project I could use help with. I finally got my wife to tell me something she wants for Christmas. I could use some help with it if one of you wood workers have time in the next day or so. I could do it, but it kind defeats the purpose if she sees me out in the garage working on it.

012.jpg

My wife wants a huge magnet board to stick pictures on. She'd like a wooden frame cut out that matches the frame of the above picture (that's my boy dressed up for Halloween. He was the old man from the movie Up) . The overall outside dimensions need to be 4' x 6'. As you can see, the top and bottom of this frame are a bit wider than the two sides. She'd like to keep the magnet boards frame the same way. Lets say the narrowest part of the sides needs to be 2 inches wide and the narrowest part of the top and bottom need to be 3 inches wide. This gives me room to have the magnet board under lap it all the way around. I'm thinking 1/4 inch plywood would be easiest, unless you have a better suggestion. I will do the magnet board.

Let me know if you can pull this off, or if you have the room to let me do it in your garage. I have the tools, I just need a hiding spot.

Thanks guys!

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I'm home all week and have the room and tools. I am up north.
4' x 6' is huge! That is a heavy piece of metal to hang. 1/4" plywood isn't going to have and strength to hold that on the wall. How thick can you make the frame?
Give me a call and we can discuss it. I'll pm you my number.

juhcohbee

Hey guys, thought I'd mention, I work at Huetter mill, if anyone needs anything done, need material, metal balusters, custom pieces, let me know. I can give you the "rme" price :D