Would a person need a CDL to drive this?

footin fool

Scott from what I understand if you put not for hire on it, that is all you need. If for some reason they stop you and find that it is for work you could have some major problems. They can get you for numbers on the truck no permits no log books. It just depends on who stops you. That thing is big enogh that they might stop you. I would get the cdl its not that hard and you have been around it long enogh. How dose it drive any way.

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
If I were you I wouldn't....:D

You don't need it (even in California), and dont forget the yearly DOT physical that's required.

Your width is limited, but that's mainly on the east coast. I'm 55 feet long which is no problem in all 50 states, but I'm 102" wide which is a no-no on the east coast (7 states if I remember right).

I do happen to have one, just so I can steal Tractor-Trailers, but the expense and hassles suck. Why complicate your life?

OTE=Hickey]If I were you, I would get a CDL. Especially if you ever intend to enter California with it.[/QUOTE]

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
This is the very BEST thing I've heard. I'm required to run them, even on 3/4 tons. The stickers are cop magnets.

Hickey said:
Just my advice. If not, then NEVER put stickers of any company on the vehicle.

GETBENT

CRASH
Ok, here is another question, do I need to stop at the weigh stations? what do they check for (other than the weight) at those stations? The reason i ask is I actually drove this rig from SLC to Seattle in the last two days and I passed 6 weigh stations that were open and due to fear of not having a CDL, I just cruised by them! I was never stopped and I don't know if it was because I was VERY lucky and they just didn't see me or if it was because I don't need to be stopping at them? When I get home I'm going to make sure that everything including me is legal to drive this rig but I was in a hurry to get to Seattle for this one trip and decided to risk it.

Thanks

GETBENT

CRASH
nanoman said:
I think i saw you on I-15 near downtown slc on Friday night about 7:30... or are there two of these things rolling around? :eek:

must be two of them rollin around cuz we were in Seattle, WA friday night.

GETBENT

CRASH
BCGPER said:
RV's don't have to stop, only comercial.

Ok sounds good!!! I'm just going to drive right on by them then because it is licensed as a motorhome so we should be fine i would think! Thanks for the help..

Thanks