would you...

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Around town, only if there was no other option... On the highway, no.

I don't think the TJ wouldn't be up to the task of stopping it... Plus, the TJ doesn't weigh enough or have the wheelbase to be stable while towing.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
saw a lifted tj towing a tent trailer the other day... it was awesome :rofl: it was on the bumpstops and aimed at the sky. i've been watching ksl for a fatal crash story but to no avail.

a guy that went to moab with us one time towed his cj7 on a dolly with an xj and it did fine. i still wouldn't want to do it and i certainly wouldn't reverse the roles

Toad

The worst I ever saw was a chevy express van towing a dodge caravan on a flatbed trailer. The trailer was a single axle with small 14" tires. So maybe 2500 lb axle. Maybe. The trailer frame was flexing into a frownie face :( . Then they had taken small 1" rachet straps on top of the bumpers and down at like a 45 degree to the center of the vehicle. I wanted pics but to scary to be around. Yes it was on I-15.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Last spring we were coming back from Flat Iron Mesa and a guy in a Ford SUV was towing a Dodge Turbo diesel 1Ton pickup that had a flatbed jeep trailer on back of it. I betting he had to have the tranny rebuilt when he got to Moab.

Brett

Meat-Hippy
The worst I've seen was a Pontiac 4 door sedan towing a trailer with a competition XJ buggy down to St George.

Later on that same trip, we saw the XJ towing the trailer, with a broken Pontiac on it ;)

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
The worst I've seen was a Pontiac 4 door sedan towing a trailer with a competition XJ buggy down to St George.

Later on that same trip, we saw the XJ towing the trailer, with a broken Pontiac on it ;)

Actually, the XJ was being flat-towed...no trailer. And then vice-versa when the tow rig broke. And I know who it was.;)