wrangler Build

mikeh

the belly pan is at 29" now. it is at ride height for now but i think it will end up about 3" lower and ya still need to weld some stuff up.and all that pain in the butt stuff. I will post up some more pic if i can find them in this lovely computer!!!!thanks for the words of encouragment. Its been a struggle.

mikeh

The finished project

Summer2008045.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

021.jpg

022.jpg

023.jpg

026.jpg

notajeep

Just me
it is 1/4" but it will be faced in with 3/8" plate and a couple braces in the back. do you think that will be ok. or better off to cut it off and go 1/2" I work at a steel mill. so what ever steel i need dont cost much.

I originally made the rear bridge for my buggy out of 1 peice of 3/8 plate that I boxed in.
vacation065.jpg

I bent that down in the center about 2", as in twisted it. So I upgraded to 1/2.
If you have the ability to to it, do it now in the build stage to save alot of work later.

notajeep

Just me
LOL. Looks great!
I guess that I was a little slow reading your thread.
I guess that i should read all the way to the end before I comment!
Dan

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Besides strengthening the truss, what's that rear trackbar doing there? You have a triangulated suspension, which means that trackbar is unnecessary....and even if it were, that bracket won't likely hold up. Do yourself a favor and remove it first.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Besides strengthening the truss, what's that rear trackbar doing there? You have a triangulated suspension, which means that trackbar is unnecessary....and even if it were, that bracket won't likely hold up. Do yourself a favor and remove it first.

My guess is that there is some side to side axle movement still because of the weak truss... :)

mikeh

ya it did have a little side to side in it so i put the trackbar on to see what it would do then i changed the links to longer on the lowers and went flatter on the uppers it took care of the problem . then i put the track bar back on just to see what difference it would make none that i could see .just didnt get it taken back off .and i still need to beef up the truss. waiting for the mill i work at to run some 10"x3/4" flats

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
You got a great start and some awesome components,

but that single shear trackbar mount needs to be addressed, it's kinda scary especially mounted along with a that limit strap on that thin of a rear truss, it will bend then rip quickly. Box it up all the way around front and rear and you'll be ok.

You need to triangulate the rear links more if you're getting side to side movement then you won't have to deal with all the bumpsteer and bind you'll get with how the rear is set up now. Look at Notajeep's rear suspension in the pic above my post for I good idea.

It also seems like those lower link mounts might catch on some rocks.

that and some real rod ends and I'd say your bud will have a killer rig

mikeh

it will be back in the shop in a couple days to take care of some of that stuff. Glad i could make you feel better GOAT;;;;;

Last edited:

steveorduno

Thanks for your help mike it worked out great so far with a few things that we have to do to finish up it will be great. The wheelbase is 114in. Thanks again mike!!!

steveorduno

moab was very fun I will try to get some pics and video soon. for now check out youtube "moab jeep widowmaker rocksurfing and escalater.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
you can also embed your youtube vids on RME. I'll use this one as an example;)
[YOUTUBE]v/Ki1mnT4_7Ws&hl=en&fs=1>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator: