TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
3fe319eaff6cb177c534f7385880d19a.jpg

Happened to be walking the dog when it flew overhead today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RogueJeepr

Here!
I'll be going to see it this weekend. I've seen the last few they had at airport#2 , (aluminum overcast & Memphis belle).
Really cool to see em coming in for a landing very low over 7800so , scares traffic.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Its flight path takes it right over my house. I've been watching it come over all day long, pretty cool. B-17's are literally what got me interested in history. When I was very young I went to the air show at Hill and got to walk through the bomb bay of one, and that was all she wrote. I had posters and pictures of B-17's on the walls of my bedroom all through elementary school. Eventually that led to a degree in History and being really great at trivia games... :D
Fast forward 30ish years and I was at the National Museum of the United States Air Force last November and ducked up underneath the B-17 they have on display there. Wow that bomb bay is small! I still have the vision in my head as a kid that it was huge! Wish I had the extra coin to go on a ride in one.

DaveN

Luckily I live right under the route it was taking today and saw it 5-6 times. So cool!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

RogueJeepr

Here!
Now that I've got my first plane ride over with, the next time it comes around I may buy a ticket.

While there I talked to a gentleman about finding info on my grandpa's brother that went down in a bomber. He gave me a website, to give them a name and they will send a packet about every mission, plane name, etc.

rholbrook

Now that I've got my first plane ride over with, the next time it comes around I may buy a ticket.

While there I talked to a gentleman about finding info on my grandpa's brother that went down in a bomber. He gave me a website, to give them a name and they will send a packet about every mission, plane name, etc.

Very Cool