XJ Auto Trans

Bud

'98 ZJ
Get this, I decided to have the guys at TSO in Roy test drive it just to make sure it was the trans. After driving it Sergio said to try changing the TPS sensor before swapping trannies. Did it, drove it last night, worked fine. Going to drive it to work now, so I'll see how it goes that far...

Bud

'98 ZJ
I can't believe it worked!!! I wouldn't have thought it could be the TPS, as bad as it was down-shifting as the time. Everyone else thought it was a slipping tranny for sure.

DaveB, thanks for the great price on the tranny, but I do not need it now. Thanks anyways!!!!

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I can't believe it worked!!! I wouldn't have thought it could be the TPS, as bad as it was down-shifting as the time. Everyone else thought it was a slipping tranny for sure.

DaveB, thanks for the great price on the tranny, but I do not need it now. Thanks anyways!!!!

I was gonna say, my AW4 has taken some abuse and the usual suspects of failure are usually just sensors! Glad you found the problem. :cool:

I'm going to move this to Tech in case anybody tries to search for a similar problem.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan

No problem

Bud

'98 ZJ
I was gonna say, my AW4 has taken some abuse and the usual suspects of failure are usually just sensors! Glad you found the problem. :cool:

I'm going to move this to Tech in case anybody tries to search for a similar problem.

Thanks for the move...mine has almost 220,000 on it so I thought that maybe the trans was actually going out. These things go forever!!! I love my Base (Hill AFB) runner!!!