XJ crossmember ?

crapmanche4l

...no more! Call me Murphey
Is there a heavy duty tranny crossmember that will work with the teraflex long arm brackets? all the ones Ive found mount to the holes covered by the bracket. Ive though about taking them of and going with like a clayton or bds x member but I dont think me joints will still fit.

JackKeslerCustoms

I don't know if it's good advice, but I've resorted to making all my own crossmembers and skid plates. If there is a mass produced option, it's usually more economical. Call Carl or Bryson at Teraflex, they'll know. If not run down to BHR and they can cut out whatever you need and then you can either have them weld it up, or take it home and do it yourself.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I believe you can cut the stock skidplate a little shorter and mount it directly to the LA brackets, but I don't have an XJ handy to crawl under and double check.

(also, I don't work at Tera anymore. ;))

crapmanche4l

...no more! Call me Murphey
Yeah its cut and on there, but I want a heavy duty one and will be moving my uper link mount to it so that its not in the stock location.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
On my son's Comanche I used a piece of 2"x6" 1/4 wall tubing to make a BDS style crossmember. I may still have enough left over for another one.