XM radio promotion code?

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
There is a promotion code for free activation on an XM radio. Anyone know what it is? I saw it somewhere and now I can't find it. :(

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
The one I used through work was limited time. Maybe you could call them up and say you missed the deal with your employer, and would like to see if it is still available?

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I think I found it. It's promotion code NEWSPRFA4 if anyone else is getting XM for Christmas. It'll save ya 15 bucks. ;)

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
as of last week, all new activiations are free through 12-31-04

Cody

I just got a free myfi--thats a pretty good deal :D

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I got the Skyfi2. Seemed like the coolest unit with the most features.

Did I get the right one, Cody?

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Are you gonna get a dock for all of your vehicles? I haven't heard any complaints about the Skyfi's, there are about 5 guys running them at work.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
The skyfi2 is bitchin. The myfi is even more bitchin but way more money.

I havn'te gotten the myfi yet, we'll see how long it takes to ship to me. I had to pay for 3 months service for it to be free---no biggie.

I'm pissed you didn't buy that from me!!! If anyone needs DSR stuff, come by and see me.

Cody

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Hickey said:
Are you gonna get a dock for all of your vehicles? I haven't heard any complaints about the Skyfi's, there are about 5 guys running them at work.
Eventually I'll get another dock. Right now I just have one.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Cody said:
The skyfi2 is bitchin. The myfi is even more bitchin but way more money.

I havn'te gotten the myfi yet, we'll see how long it takes to ship to me. I had to pay for 3 months service for it to be free---no biggie.

I'm pissed you didn't buy that from me!!! If anyone needs DSR stuff, come by and see me.

Cody
Good to hear that it's as cool as I thought. Sorry we didn't get it from you. We tried to. I thought you worked at the Redwood store, so we drove from Ft. Union over to Redwood specifically to get it from you. Found out it's closed, and moved to JL, so we went there. Then we found out you were at the Ft. Union store. We were about to go back to Ft. Union, but the kid said you wouldn't be working today anyway. Sorry, we tried to. :-\

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
it's no biggie. I'm not on commission or anything--we just have a friendly competition with the Orem store that I would like to win.

I haven't been working weekends much since I'm the only loser that has already graduated and still works there. I work the weekday day shifts so all the non-losers can go to school.

Cody

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Cody said:
it's no biggie. I'm not on commission or anything--we just have a friendly competition with the Orem store that I would like to win.

I haven't been working weekends much since I'm the only loser that has already graduated and still works there. I work the weekday day shifts so all the non-losers can go to school.

Cody
:cool:

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
I am trying to coordinate my family to go in on a MyFi unit for my Christmas present. $349 is steep, but it is packed with features. I drive about 5 different trucks for work, and this is the only one with an integrated FM modulator. It is the right unit for my application. I hope they stay in stock. Anybody see them in greater numbers in stores other than Best Buy?? They haven't been able to keep them on the shelves. My next stop is Circuit City..... ;)

Last edited:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
The myfi one is super cool, but it is not the only one with an integrated FM modulator. The Skyfi2, the Roady, and the Roady2 all have intgrated FM modulators... You can get the Roady for super cheap, too. Not meaning to discourage you from getting the Myfi, but if the only reason your getting it is for the FM modulator, there are cheaper options. ;)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
The Modulator is part of the power cord on the Roady's. I use a Roady, and I drive about 25 different trucks at work. For the money, it is a great unit.

onetuff76

Guard Rail Tester
Cody said:
as of last week, all new activiations are free through 12-31-04

Cody

I just got a free myfi--thats a pretty good deal :D

How did you score one for free? How much does service run?

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
onetuff76 said:
How did you score one for free? How much does service run?
10 bucks a month, or you get a little bit of a discount if you pay for 2, or 5 years up front. The cool thing is, if you pay for two or five years up front, and cancel early, you get the unused portion of your money back, so there's no penalty, and you are protected from any possible rate increases. We just payed for two years up front, the total was like $214. Kinda easier than dealing with a $10/month bill.