XM radio promotion code?

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
onetuff76 said:
I'm still intereested in how Cody scored the MyFi for free
He works at Circuit City in the Car Audio department. I'm sure that has something to do with it. ;)

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Hickey said:
The Modulator is part of the power cord on the Roady's. I use a Roady, and I drive about 25 different trucks at work. For the money, it is a great unit.

What about an integrated antenna? Earphones, 5 hours recording time, battery power for five hours of off line power use? I don't know crap about the XM/Sirius components. I'd like to actually hold one in my hands before I make a decision, if I get to make a decision.....

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Hickey said:
The Modulator is part of the power cord on the Roady's. I use a Roady, and I drive about 25 different trucks at work. For the money, it is a great unit.

Yes, but the Roady 2 has a built in modulator (as does the skyfi 2, and the myfi). The roady 2 is $99 right now which is a screamin deal.

I got the myfi cause I'm a dealer--the same way I got my direct link XM tuner and direct link sirius tuner ;)

The myfi is the only fully integrated portable DSR unit available. JVC makes a battery pack for their Sirius unit, and XM has a battery pack for the Roady and Roady 2, but neither are fully portable on their own. The myfi also has the updated chipset allowing it to record, to schedule record sessions, etc etc. Also has sports/stock tickers, etc. It's a pretty slick setup.

We had 1200 of them hit our direct ship wherehouse about a week ago. 3 days later they were gone. I have 9 on order, 7 of which are pre-paid for by customers, the other 2 of which are spoken for. I know where 2 of them will be as of tomorrow (when deliveries arrive) outside of my store that I can sell from my location and you can pick up or we can have shipped over to our location. Other than that, we are being told that a new batch will hit our distribution center around the 17th. Hopefully they will get to us in time to sell them.

Cody

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Cody said:
Yes, but the Roady 2 has a built in modulator (as does the skyfi 2, and the myfi). The roady 2 is $99 right now which is a screamin deal.

Cody
One of the guys at work has a 2, and it uses the same cord and modulator as mine :confused: It is skinnier than mine though...

Jeromy

I dont know anything about Satalite radio, What should I get? sirus or XM, which unit? lookin to spend around 100$ will be in going in my libby.

What time do you get off a circut city Cody? I will try and get it from you next week if possable....

Jeromy

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Hickey said:
One of the guys at work has a 2, and it uses the same cord and modulator as mine :confused: It is skinnier than mine though...

the modulator is part of the roady 2 receiver. If he's using the 12 volt adapter/modulator that used to come via rebate with the original roady, then he is just making it more difficult than it needs to be. He can disconnect the audio jack from the 12 volt modulator, and then hit 'menu' and it will bring up an 'fm frequency' selection wherein you can select your frequency. There is more variation on the roady 2 than there is on that funny little 12 volt modulator.

I'm off this friday, and then I don't have a day off until proabably january first (except christmas obviously).

As for which system to go with, if 99 is your budget, you're pretty much stuck with XM. I can tell you the differences, but I don't have the patience to type it out right now.

Cody

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I have XM, I use the roady 2 and stream online. I love it makes being a truck driver much more enjoyable. Don't know how many of you would enjoy it but I find them hilarious. The Opie and Anthony show are now on XM channel 202 it's a premium channel and it costs a 1.99 extra a month but these guys crack me up. They just had a free play last week, but it's over now. If you are interested the pic in my sig is a link to there web site. They used to be big on the east coast but, they got kicked off the radio 2 years ago for the sex for sam stunt in New York.

Hey cody when you get your mifi post some info on how it's working for you. I've been thinking about picking one up, but I was testing around the valley with my roady to see how many repeaters are around and there are a lot of spots where you only get satellite signal so i'm hesitant on dropping 350 bucks on somthing thats not going to be that much better than my roady.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Does the myfi only work on the land-based antennas? I wouldn't think so, that would kinda defeat the purpose... :confused:

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
We have a customer that bought a myfi and he says from draper to bountiful he was using it in his car with only the built in antenna and it worked fine.

XM tends to get way better reception than sirius---at least in the cities. We have the damndest time getting the sirius antennas to work in the store. I just got my sirius hooked up today, so we'll see if i get different recepion from my XM. The reception and sound quality won't be much different, but there are a ton of features in the myfi that the roady doesn't have. they are supposed to be developing a battery pack for the roady's but it's also supposed to be a bit heavy and dumb.

Milner, if you have an XM ready deck, you just need a tuner box and antenna. The pioneer and Sony tuner stuff runs 100 bucks, the Alpine runs 80 (sirius--or I have one for XM for sale that will work with alpine).

Cody

is this vender pimping? I dont' make any money on this, i'm just trying to help ;)

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
RockMonkey said:
Does the myfi only work on the land-based antennas? I wouldn't think so, that would kinda defeat the purpose... :confused:

No but it only works indoors on land based antennas.

Also cody how long will it take to get a mifi if I ordered one, it says on circut city's website that the warehouse is out.

Milner

formerly "rckcrlr"
Cody said:
Milner, if you have an XM ready deck, you just need a tuner box and antenna. The pioneer and Sony tuner stuff runs 100 bucks, the Alpine runs 80 (sirius--or I have one for XM for sale that will work with alpine).
QUOTE]

Cool, may have to come see you....

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
trd270 said:
No but it only works indoors on land based antennas.

Also cody how long will it take to get a mifi if I ordered one, it says on circut city's website that the warehouse is out.

I've been told that we will be getting a big shipment to our store warehouses around the 17th, and then they will be distributed to the stores. My best guess is they will come in before christmas, but I can't make any 100% guarentee. I expect they will get to us in-store before they make it back the web warehouse.

Cody