Yada yada yada

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Isn't this some sort of copyright infringement? Seems there should be some legal ramifications if you can prove you had the original idea.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
i know when i was with ClearBra they were sending out letters to stop using the CLearBra name in any way shape or form.. it was being used country wide. I know they had a team of very active fire breathing lawers coming down on these other companies.. i'm sure it's not easy, and probably timely, and more than likely costs...

i say tear him up

-Jason

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
There is a crucial difference between a patent protected item, and a copyrighted property... you can''t copyright a part, but you can copyright its name. Patents can and should absolutely be enforced, but sadly it is a costly process. There are some legal dude on RME that could really shed some light on the subject, I had a couple classes that dealt with patenting and protection, but it was all on the filing side, not the enforcement.

ID Bronco

My experience in other industies is that it's only as good as you want to protect it. So is it worth spending big dollars to pay lawyers to go after everyone who uses it. It may or may not be worth it.

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
That's why Currie doesn't patent their stuff - expensive and PITA to enforce.

Take it as a compliment, that your stuff is being copied. I can say that because nobody has been steeling my designs or etc...

MRJ

Just a user
Kurt,

I can understand your point with TG. I have no prior understanding of the entire Toyota market product sales. I am very new to it. I have had numerous people ask if we could get TG products and so we have.

They have been a wonderful company to work with and we have no complaints.

I am not complaining about the "bushing" it's the total rip off on the marketing side / product branding we have been striving for.

We have been accused of being a copy-cat company in the past. For instance the Flex Joint we make is similar to a Johnny Joint or the RE Super Flex Joint. It is similar, but we made it better in every way we could. It was more like the comparison of Ford to Chevy trucks. They look similar and work similar but they are not the same.

It will not affect us, I was just venting.

Patents are not worth much in our industry. I have met with patent attorneys before and I always come away with not wanting to do anything. A competitor only has to change the design 10% to invalidate your patent. This can be as small as changing thread pitches, or chamfers.

MRJ

Just a user
Oh and Kurt, I am not sure if my email went through. We have the jam nuts in stock. They have been in for a month or so. If you need any let me know.