Yard equipment

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I am overflowing with extra yard equipment that people have given to me and before I put this stuff on KSL I thought I would offer it here and see if anyone else wants them. Some of them need fixing and others worked the last time I tried them. I really need my shed space back.

Mantis Tiller needs a new gas tank and most likely a carb kit
MTD snow blower I fixed it for someone then their kids gave them a newer one so they gave it back. GONE
Assorted weed wackers Most need carb kits because of sitting too long
several chain saws GONE
assorted mower motors
Maybe one of my three snapper commercial lawn mowers... I don't need that many They worked fine the last time I had them out. GONE

Maybe some more when I go look in the sheds.

Last edited:

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I would love a working or easily fixed chainsaw!

I'll check them out when I get home from work and see how many are infesting my shed. Most would require carb kits (~$12-15) since the rubber diaphragms go hard after sitting for a while. Most people give them to me because they didn't want to pay a shop to fix them and they bought a new one. I just don't need as many as I have.

Last edited:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Tell me more about the tiller and snapper mower. How big is the tiller and is the snapper a walk behind?

Its doubtful that you have another chainsaw that hasn't been claimed but I'll get in line as I'd love one too. I borrowed one a few weeks ago and see how beneficial one would be.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Tell me more about the tiller and snapper mower. How big is the tiller and is the snapper a walk behind?

Its doubtful that you have another chainsaw that hasn't been claimed but I'll get in line as I'd love one too. I borrowed one a few weeks ago and see how beneficial one would be.

The mantis tiller is one of the small garden tillers that work well for small flower beds and such. I wouldn't try tilling an acre with one. The snapper mowers I have are all walk behind mowers. As I stated above I need to go count how many chainsaws I have, off the top of my head the number is about 10 of them. It just depends on how many I don't want to store anymore.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I am interested in a Snapper mower.

I went out and they have multiplied, there are 5 snappers out there. I will probably swap some motors around since one of the mowers has a really nice I/C motor on it. I will most likely thin the herd down by two. I'm also in Holladay if you want to come take a look.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Thanks for the updated info.

I'll pass on the mower since I have a decent Honda walk behind, I'd love a rider for my big yard which is what I was hoping yours were. I'll probably pass on the tiller as well but would still be interested in a chainsaw.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
OK I have counted the chainsaws and there are 8 of them. The last three that I was given are going to be the first to go, I haven't even tried to start them. There is a small 10 inch McCulloch, and two 18 inch saws, a Craftsman that looks fairly new and an echo.
The rest of the saws run and I may bust them out and see which ones I want to keep.

Last edited: