N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
never seen it before... very interesting looking to say the least :ugh:

this is scary
351636_21_350.jpg

so is this
351636_17_350.jpg

Caleb

nope, was it posted here before? wonder what their reserve is considering the buy it now price is $20k:eek:

N-Smooth

Supergper said:
nope, was it posted here before? wonder what their reserve is considering the buy it now price is $20k:eek:

is he going to pay 20k for someone to take it off his hands :eek:

Andy

aka. Hollywood
xj-punk- What's wrong with the suspension? It's the same thing that's under the Hero.

Andy

OOPS! Almost forgot, I think it's flaming gay too! :D

N-Smooth

Andy said:
xj-punk- What's wrong with the suspension? It's the same thing that's under the Hero.

Andy

OOPS! Almost forgot, I think it's flaming gay too! :D

the upper links are sideloading the joints... why not put that joint vertical like it should be? rockkrawler is famous for having welds break too... :eek:

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I can't see what's on the other end of that control arm, but assuming it's just a straight control arm with another joint or bushing on the other end, (not a three link "Y" thing or something else goofy) that heim is only under tension or compression (depending on the vehicle movement). It is not under any side loads. With it mounted rotated 90 degrees from traditional I can see that it might wear out the joint a little faster because the ball is rotating with the axle moving up and down, rather than the ball just rotating around the bolt with every bump, but other than that there's nothing wrong with mounting it like that.

Caleb

xj_punk said:
rockkrawler is famous for having welds break too

Keep discusion on this cherokee (or other useful tech)and this thread will stay...if we get off on the RockKrawler suspension stuff AGAIN, this thread will get axed...;)

N-Smooth

Supergper said:
Keep discusion on this cherokee (or other useful tech)and this thread will stay...if we get off on the RockKrawler suspension stuff AGAIN, this thread will get axed...;)

sorry... :D

thats weird about the joints, i thought it was always seen as a bad idea to have it take all the up and down force while being flat... would make more sense to let it roll up and down instead of actually twisting
guess i was mistaken.

it also looks like it is tuned for a lot of AS... i never noticed that before.

N-Smooth

Andy said:
It's the same as the Hero, very neutral and stable. If you watched Scott you would have seen that.

Andy
yeah the hero was super sick... it did well, needed some fender trimming in the rear but it did well. is that who was driving? don't know him but he was a way nice guy, he talked to me about my heep for a second.
it looks like it is tuned for a lot of squat because the vert sep at the axle is a lot more than the "frame"
he said it rode nice but swayed a lot and a antirock would fix that.