Your Pic of The Day

DAA

20211112_Camping-47W.jpg

- DAA

Coco

Had to say goodbye to one BIG tree in our backyard today. These were the photos my wife had been sending me from the house. Used a crane in the front and took them out piece by piece. Currently the massive trunk is in front of our house, but everything else is in chips.

Morning photo:
View attachment 142126
View attachment 142125View attachment 142124View attachment 142123

Stump will get ground out in a few weeks when it dries out I guess.
This tree is going to be the death of me... Just as soon as I get the yard all cleaned up and looking good, all the leaves raked, the guy comes to grind out the stump. Yeeeaaah, its a mess. Now I have half a yard of wood chips.

Anyone have a dump trailer I can borrow? 🙏 I got one trailer load of wood chips ran to the dump with leaves, but I still have a ton left and cleaning them off the trailer was a big pain. Plus buying a $45 hay fork that I will literally never use again is neat.

65868980536--090CBA31-9CC7-4015-A614-145957AB2A64.JPGIMG-0826.JPG

Last edited:

ID Bronco

This tree is going to be the death of me... Just as soon as I get the yard all cleaned up and looking good, all the leaves raked, the guy comes to grind out the stump. Yeeeaaah, its a mess. Now I have half a yard of wood chips.

Anyone have a dump trailer I can borrow? 🙏 I got one trailer load of wood chips ran to the dump with leaves, but I still have a ton left and cleaning them off the trailer was a big pain. Plus buying a $45 hay fork that I will literally never use again is neat.

View attachment 142918View attachment 142917
Hay fork - I bought one for about $5 at DI this summer, probably too late though.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
View attachment 143069View attachment 143070Not the garage I wanted, but the garage I’m getting 🤣
It’s obviously a big improvement over my 2 car and I am quite excited for the 12’ ceilings.

eh, you're going to hate that (congrats!!!). Do you know how many square feet you are? It's bigger than you think it is but your crap will fill it up if you're like me. I'm going to reconfig some of mine already but I like that I was able to live in it for a while and then change it up a bit.

12' ceilings means 2 post lift!

I ended up with 12'. I believe it'll fit decently?

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
eh, you're going to hate that (congrats!!!). Do you know how many square feet you are? It's bigger than you think it is but your crap will fill it up if you're like me. I'm going to reconfig some of mine already but I like that I was able to live in it for a while and then change it up a bit.

I ended up with 12'. I believe it'll fit decently?
Buuuuut I will hate it less than my current garage for sure. I took rough measurements when we first looked at the house- the night before my wife made an offer while I was out-of-town :rofl: but I've lost them. It's a pretty standard 3-car though.

I am super interested in the idea of a shop in the backyard but we'll see how much money I have left after doing backyard, fence and side-yard. For the side-yard I'm probably doing concrete from the sidewalk to the back property line (~20' by 115') so I expect that will cost all of the monies