Your Pic of The Day

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
It's a 1986 (Omni), #75 of the 500 built. It's been through a lot, and is definitely what I'd describe as a survivor. I don't have any decent photos available at the moment. I'll see what I might dig up.

Is it a Shelby since you are quoting such a low production number?

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Is it a Shelby since you are quoting such a low production number?

Yes, it is a genuine Shelby GLHS--it has the serialized dash plaque, all the smog and federal decals, etc.

For those who don't know, Carroll Shelby bought the last 500 1986 Dodge Omni GLH Turbos from Chrysler and had them shipped to his facility in LA. He then transformed them into the GLHS--modifying the engine/computer/wiring, suspension, wheels and tires, exterior ornamentation, etc. His modifications were extensive enough that the federal government required him to re-certify the car for both emissions compliance as well as crash testing--it was just as if he had built the cars from scratch. This is why the underhood smog stickers do not reference Chrysler at all; instead, they state the car was manufactured by Shelby Automobiles.

The_Lobbster

I don’t own a truck, but you don’t really need one when you have a wagon. Coulda hauled a lot more if I had bought more.
I fit a set a 4- 35’s in the back of this car once.

Attachments

• CE59E386-0417-44D7-B464-AF806721A8A7.jpeg
    CE59E386-0417-44D7-B464-AF806721A8A7.jpeg
    310.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 6AC10CAE-A2D1-4337-B2EF-9B462EA47A8C.jpeg
    6AC10CAE-A2D1-4337-B2EF-9B462EA47A8C.jpeg
    354.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 7A7936DB-9A92-4590-814C-4271E804BE19.jpeg
    7A7936DB-9A92-4590-814C-4271E804BE19.jpeg
    320.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

RockChucker

Got a little time tonight (after getting yard chores done today) to start drawing the cylinder mount for my double ended ram. I’ll finish it up in the morning and have it printed out of sheet metal this week. The model was built by putting my front end up on jack stands and taking some key measurements with the ground as a datum. I don’t remember why, but a few years back I got a wild hair and drew a geometrically sound (albeit ugly) inner c. I had a diff cover from a super duty axle I found scouring the web and added the truss and control arm brackets in. I drew the cylinder and tie rods, just downloaded a heim from McMaster and found the tie rod end online a while back. only drew a skeleton for the outer knuckle that had the geometry I needed. The cylinder clamp closest to the diff cover won’t be used. And I’ll only be using 2 clamps. Not sure if I’ll position the 2nd clamp in the inner or outer position on the passenger side yet. Probably outer though.

The cylinder rod and inner wheel’s tie rod are inline at full lock. Not worried about the misalignment on the outer wheel because the knuckle will be against a hard stop.

There will need to be some hand trimming around the center section when I get the parts back from the cutter. But overall the time put in for measuring and drawing will make for a quick assembly.

3F009C55-EA41-47DA-8923-973F9DB6D907.jpeg
26018AEF-093A-4AF7-82FB-EF8E75371722.png

Mouse

Trying to wheel
Supporting Member
Are you able to cycle the steering with the model to make sure the tie rods are positioned correctly for geometry?

RockChucker

Are you able to cycle the steering with the model to make sure the tie rods are positioned correctly for geometry?
Yes. I don’t typically like a model that “moves” like that because they are resource hogs. So I just set a few different configurations at the extremes. I have one steered left, right and centered. Here’s a shot centered. Didn’t take a shot steered right because there isn’t anything “different” from steered left.
BB00964B-C9E2-4B2D-9091-252415E8D616.jpeg2BC2B6FA-F7CB-4CA9-AA10-B2E39208B27E.jpeg

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
After talking to a couple of people I decided it was time to give my atlas some additional support. So I ordered the atlas tail shaft support and installed it on my exsiting flat belly pan. Took a minute to get it all lined up but glad it is in. There is very little room to work in there with anti wrap bar on one side and exhaust on the other. Never mind the bad paint job. 20201105_175857.jpg

DAA

20201107_Camping-1.jpg

20201107_Camping-2.jpg

- DAA

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
Question for you DAA. For the past several years, I've seen very few rabbits, especially cottontails. Do you know if this widespread or maybe only in SW Wyoming?

DAA

Question for you DAA. For the past several years, I've seen very few rabbits, especially cottontails. Do you know if this widespread or maybe only in SW Wyoming?

Widespread. Sadly... In my area of operations, drought along with a couple big winter storms are the main reason. Seems to be a good year for chukars though. Saw hundreds of them this weekend.

- DAA