Your Pic of The Day

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
Ran into an older dude stuck in a baby bronco on red canyon road by Kanab. After airing him down and some digging the thing would just barely move one tire. I hadn’t moved our recovery gear over to the gladiator yet, so I sacrificed a couple unused anchor straps from a car seat to pull him out of his hole. Took some coaching to get him to not lift to make it up the little sand hill.

IMG_0471_Original.jpeg

IMG_5646.jpeg

The whole time he was messing with his off-road settings… switching between sand and mud ruts and wet asphalt… when we pulled up it seemed like he was waiting for a computer to rescue him.

I was waiting for him to find the whiskey throttle setting but it never showed up on the menu.

Thursty

Ran into an older dude stuck in a baby bronco on red canyon road by Kanab. After airing him down and some digging the thing would just barely move one tire. I hadn’t moved our recovery gear over to the gladiator yet, so I sacrificed a couple unused anchor straps from a car seat to pull him out of his hole. Took some coaching to get him to not lift to make it up the little sand hill.

View attachment 171743

View attachment 171744

The whole time he was messing with his off-road settings… switching between sand and mud ruts and wet asphalt… when we pulled up it seemed like he was waiting for a computer to rescue him.

I was waiting for him to find the whiskey throttle setting but it never showed up on the menu.
That road is no joke! Had to rescue a family in a rented SUV on our way in to Peekaboo when we were there in February. Two more rigs were stuck on our way out but they already had people helping them. I put my NAPA compressor to good use that day. I can only imagine how bad that sand is in the heat of summer!

Thursty

Not the best photo but it sure means the world to me today. We got this well used ‘85 Honda Fourtrax with the intention of my 7 year old and me getting running and teaching her to ride. After learning the tank was totally full of rust, buying a new tank, cleaning the carb and spark plug it was time to crank it over. With me spraying the carb and running the throttle my daughter hit the starter. It lives!! The smile on her face is priceless. Today is a good day! Oh, and it didn’t take my daughter long to add a personal touch to the key ring.IMG_3755.jpegIMG_3751.jpeg

Last edited:

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
Did you have to bring any ropes for Ding & Dang? I have gotten mixed reports.
We climbed Ding and descended Dang. We didn't have any ropes with us and discovered there was webbing in Dang at the big obstacles already. Having done it now, I personally would take 20-30' with me in the event I didn't trust what was there. Although the decents could have been done without the webbing, it just would have been a bit more risky.

To climb Dang, I would want my own equipment and more experience. The obstacles in Dang are moderate but only 1 has has some significant fall exposure. The others could be scrambled or stemmed to climb.

Ding had no ropes or webbing that I remember and wasn't needed in my opinion. Ding has enough challenge to be fun without too much exposure.

Gawynz

I wish you would have left the "unused" detail out of the post to keep us guessing your priorities :rofl: