Your Pic of The Day

jeeper

DumpStor Owner
My neighbor even wrote an email to the HOA to tell them they should reimburse us for the traps since all 13 that we’ve killed have been in the open space. They’ll say no but it’s fun to bug them.

We had a mouse problem at one condo. In the Attic, then coming down the wall into the kitchen. HOA said it was our problem, and also said we were liable for the mice in other units, and liable for any damage done by the mice, poisons, or persons trying to catch mice.

Irony was, my tenants were the cleanest I've ever had. The mice were caused by someone else, and became our problem from them.

Point is, HOA's are stupid and lazy.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
We had a mouse problem at one condo. In the Attic, then coming down the wall into the kitchen. HOA said it was our problem, and also said we were liable for the mice in other units, and liable for any damage done by the mice, poisons, or persons trying to catch mice.

Irony was, my tenants were the cleanest I've ever had. The mice were caused by someone else, and became our problem from them.

Point is, HOA's are stupid and lazy.
Yeah the HOA is still owned by the developer since our development isn’t done yet… so it’s a mgmt company out of AZ. We won’t see a dime. If it was managed by the residents we could potentially budget for it.

DAA

20231026_Camping-40.jpg

- DAA

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I’m figuring out the activity patterns of the common western pocket gopher aka gopherius dickheadius. Super active in the morning, slow down in the afternoon and then back to partying hard at night. I got 6 more today bringing the total to 19! I put one of the carcasses out on a rock by the drainage grate yesterday hoping a hawk would get it or someone’s cat would take it home with them. He looked lonely so I gave him a friend today. The rest just get tossed into the pit. I saw some glowing eyes out there tonight with my flashlight so something probably appreciates it.
IMG_2065.jpeg

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I’m figuring out the activity patterns of the common western pocket gopher aka gopherius dickheadius. Super active in the morning, slow down in the afternoon and then back to partying hard at night. I got 6 more today bringing the total to 19! I put one of the carcasses out on a rock by the drainage grate yesterday hoping a hawk would get it or someone’s cat would take it home with them. He looked lonely so I gave him a friend today. The rest just get tossed into the pit. I saw some glowing eyes out there tonight with my flashlight so something probably appreciates it.
View attachment 165978
They will also be quite active near any recent dirt work you’ve done. They are curious about fellow dirt diggerings. 1/2” gravel driveways do not slow them down, but 2” rock will.

RustEoldtrux

RustEoldtrux
The Koppenhafer family pushes their herd past our place twice a year. Today they drove them home from the mountains taking 4 days and going 60 miles. My family did similar trips in eastern Montana driving the herd about 40 miles over 3 days. We had to cross the Red Water River and the Missouri River.

Attachments

• IMG_1829.jpeg
    IMG_1829.jpeg
    602.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1823.jpeg
    IMG_1823.jpeg
    643.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1820.jpeg
    IMG_1820.jpeg
    554.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1571.jpeg
    IMG_1571.jpeg