Your Pic of The Day

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Much excite. Just signed up for GFiber and scheduled an install in a couple weeks. I have some questions about how the installer intends to run it to my house though 🤞🤞🤞
Freaking Xfinity contract just expired and my monthly bill has gone up ~45%. No lie.

IMG_3023.jpeg

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
My old TJ did the exact same thing. Is the end of your Atlas supported with a mount?
Tcase is mounted on the tail shaft. Motor is also mounted good. When you push up on the middle transmission mount and nothing is moving something has to move.

I am replacing my 3/16th KSI 100 steel with 1/4 are 400 steel. Also plan on beefing up the 1.5 x1 5x1/4 inch crossmember. To something thicker or taller or both.

Transmission mount.
20240226_215859.jpg

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Much excite. Just signed up for GFiber and scheduled an install in a couple weeks. I have some questions about how the installer intends to run it to my house though 🤞🤞🤞
Freaking Xfinity contract just expired and my monthly bill has gone up ~45%. No lie.

View attachment 170227
Good luck! I signed up for Google Fiber at my old house as soon as it was "available" and it took them A YEAR to get around to installing in my neighborhood. And then they misread the addresses and did not come to my house as scheduled. A call to their absolutely horrendous customer service (seriously, Comcast has better customer service, and that's saying something!) eventually revealed that even though the installers were on the next street over, it would take an act of god to get them back to my house to run the cable even though they admitted it was their fault. And then, to top it off, they started charging me even though they never did the install! After three months, I finally got them to cancel everything and refund my money, well everything but the initial sign up fee. It counts as easily the worst customer service experience I've ever had. At one point a manager told me I had to write a letter to Google to initiate a refund. A physical letter the the company that basically runs the internet. It was such a joke.

Anyway, I love my UTOPIA and InfoWest fiber!

View attachment 170227
They will install a micro trench down your local surface streets and place small sprinkler sized box in the park strip every few homes. From these pull boxes they will service as many homes (usually 2 to 6) as they can by running a 1/2" conduit from the pull box to your home. If you have an existing access into your home, either through the foundation or first story wall they will reuse it, if not they will knock one out. Be prepared to replace "fixed" sprinkler lines and re-repair landscaping. All fiber companies use the cheapest sub-contractor possible to get fiber to home. Take lots of before and after photos incase they damage or crack sidewalks or driveways. This will make the fight for replacing them easier.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Good luck! I signed up for Google Fiber at my old house as soon as it was "available" and it took them A YEAR to get around to installing in my neighborhood. And then they misread the addresses and did not come to my house as scheduled. A call to their absolutely horrendous customer service (seriously, Comcast has better customer service, and that's saying something!) eventually revealed that even though the installers were on the next street over, it would take an act of god to get them back to my house to run the cable even though they admitted it was their fault. And then, to top it off, they started charging me even though they never did the install! After three months, I finally got them to cancel everything and refund my money, well everything but the initial sign up fee. It counts as easily the worst customer service experience I've ever had. At one point a manager told me I had to write a letter to Google to initiate a refund. A physical letter the the company that basically runs the internet. It was such a joke.

Anyway, I love my UTOPIA and InfoWest fiber!
They will install a micro trench down your local surface streets and place small sprinkler sized box in the park strip every few homes. From these pull boxes they will service as many homes (usually 2 to 6) as they can by running a 1/2" conduit from the pull box to your home. If you have an existing access into your home, either through the foundation or first story wall they will reuse it, if not they will knock one out. Be prepared to replace "fixed" sprinkler lines and re-repair landscaping. All fiber companies use the cheapest sub-contractor possible to get fiber to home. Take lots of before and after photos incase they damage or crack sidewalks or driveways. This will make the fight for replacing them easier.
Thanks for the input, guys. I’ve heard some horror stories about the contractors they use and how they just do bad work on purpose, knowing they can get away with it. So I’m definitely going into this with some caution. I’m hoping they will reuse the conduit Xfinity put in so they don’t have to bury it in the other side of my yard. There’s NO WAY I’d let them try and go under my concrete. Nope. Never.

If they can’t do it to my liking I’ll sign another contract with Xfinity and be happy.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Thanks for the input, guys. I’ve heard some horror stories about the contractors they use and how they just do bad work on purpose, knowing they can get away with it. So I’m definitely going into this with some caution. I’m hoping they will reuse the conduit Xfinity put in so they don’t have to bury it in the other side of my yard. There’s NO WAY I’d let them try and go under my concrete. Nope. Never.

If they can’t do it to my liking I’ll sign another contract with Xfinity and be happy.
The guys from UTOPIA that installed the fiber at my current house didn't have to dig a trench. They used one of those micro tunnel boring machines and ran it from the box in the park strip to the back of my house where there is access into my utility room. They were done with everything and I was up and running in two hours. Hopefully Goober Fiber can do something like that for you.

I don't know where you live, but if you can get UTOPIA, do it. I pay $75/month for gig up/down and have had zero outages in two years (unless it was my fault 😬). And InfoWest, my ISP, is local in St. George. Even their support is located down there, so when you do have something you need help with, you're actually talking to someone who you can understand! Its amazing.