6th Gen 4Runner

02SE

Last edited:

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
So apparently it was leaked early by Forbes, and then removed.

Anyway.... here's a thread with with the leaked photos: https://www.toyota-4runner.org/6th-gen-t4rs/313745-official-reveal-thread-2025-6th-gen-4runner.html

View attachment 171650

View attachment 171651

At this point I'm glad to have a 5th gen. Maybe it will grow on me.
It hasn't even been officially revealed yet and CBI is already bolting shit on it. :rofl:

1712692021147.png

I do like that green. I'm meh on the wheels. The body lines are... not ugly? I appreciate that the FJ Cruiser team didn't get ahold of it the way they did the new Land Cruiser. And I appreciate that they've backed off the weird lens design the 5th gen has.

I think it works. I certainly wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers.

02SE

It hasn't even been officially revealed yet and CBI is already bolting shit on it. :rofl:

View attachment 171652

I do like that green. I'm meh on the wheels. The body lines are... not ugly? I appreciate that the FJ Cruiser team didn't get ahold of it the way they did the new Land Cruiser. And I appreciate that they've backed off the weird lens design the 5th gen has.

The green is appealing to me. From what I've read those are 33's, as opposed to the 32's the 5th gen came with stock. That's likely an ARB bumper and Warn winch, much like you can get on the new Tacoma. OME suspension likely is available too, from the factory.

I'm guessing that a Trailhunter as seen in the pic, will be 70k+, before dealer markups.

Power train from the Forbes release is the 2.4 Turbo and 8 speed auto. The same as the Tacoma. With some getting the hybrid option, as seen in the Landcruiser 250, and some Tacomas.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

Trate D

I am not in the market so this is just me being me. I hate that they are only offering the new models with the hybrid. Come on Toyota let the end user decide what they want instead of forcing hybrid sales….

moab_cj5

Supporting Member

View attachment 171652

CBI is an affiliate vendor with Toyota, so they likely got early access to build parts for immediate dealer install like other partners like Warn, ARB, etc.

I am not in the market so this is just me being me. I hate that they are only offering the new models with the hybrid. Come on Toyota let the end user decide what they want instead of forcing hybrid sales….

You likely need to thank the .gov and the assinine mandates for CAFE standards and the electrification push more than blame Toyota. Toyota does more hybrids than full electric because with limited resources they can build hybids more reliabily and economically than full electric and have a bigger impact on meeting regulations. It is likely to be more common across the industry as buyers are increasingly resisting the push toward full electric.

Trate D

You likely need to thank the .gov and the assinine mandates for CAFE standards and the electrification push more than blame Toyota. Toyota does more hybrids than full electric because with limited resources they can build hybids more reliabily and economically than full electric and have a bigger impact on meeting regulations. It is likely to be more common across the industry as buyers are increasingly resisting the push toward full electric.
I get that.

But competitors (Jeep/ford) are still offering vehicles in the same category and giving people options. I know that does nothing for the Toyota die hards but it would sway my money else where if I was looking.

02SE

At least for the 4Runner, I'm sure the Hybrid power train is only on a few select models. Just like the Tacoma.

Houndoc

Hybrids seem like the ideal solution. You address the argument against full electrics of where and how to charge while decreasing fuel use and pollution. Not sure what there is to dislike about them.