Your Pic of The Day

02SE

east side southbound I-215 at 3900 South, early 1970s | by CountyLemonade

I also grew up (from the age of 3) in this area, and still live in the area. I was walking on that sidewalk just about an hour ago.

02SE

Obviously not my photos, but I found these fascinating:

I-15 in past years
I-215 in past years
Other routes in past years

I grew up right at the mouth of Parleys, so this photo is cool to me. Before they changed the numbering conventions and 215 was 415:
I-80 at I-415 / Parley's Interchange, 1966

Lots of memories of the east bench area in my younger days. Just about every picture elicits a memory of something for me. The original 415/215 belt route was intended to continue where Foothill Drive is, and roughly following 4th South, west out to join up with I-15. My Dad was the planner for the State of Utah, in that timeframe. Of course the continuation of the belt route never happened.

Thanks for the pics, @Stephen. BTW, there's supposedly a Super Reunion at our alma mater on the 17th & 18th of this month. I'm considering heading over and walking the old halls, before they are gone.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Lots of memories of the east bench area in my younger days. Just about every picture elicits a memory of something for me. The original 415/215 belt route was intended to continue where Foothill Drive is, and roughly following 4th South, west out to join up with I-15. My Dad was the planner for the State of Utah, in that timeframe. Of course the continuation of the belt route never happened.
I've got a map somewhere that shows the original routing plans for all the freeways in Utah, and yeah it shows it cutting right through downtown and having a big I-15/I-415/I-80 interchange there at 4th South. We wouldn't know any better, but that really would have changed the whole city in such a crazy way!
Thanks for the pics, @Stephen. BTW, there's supposedly a Super Reunion at our alma mater on the 17th & 18th of this month. I'm considering heading over and walking the old halls, before they are gone.
Yeah, I saw that. I doubt I'll go. I had a fun three years there, but I've never been inclined to attend reunions. Let the past be the past and all that. Besides, C and D buildings are where all my fondest memories were made and they tore those down five years ago.

It will be crazy to never see the distinctive roof of B building from 215 anymore!

02SE

I've got a map somewhere that shows the original routing plans for all the freeways in Utah, and yeah it shows it cutting right through downtown and having a big I-15/I-415/I-80 interchange there at 4th South. We wouldn't know any better, but that really would have changed the whole city in such a crazy way!

Yeah, I saw that. I doubt I'll go. I had a fun three years there, but I've never been inclined to attend reunions. Let the past be the past and all that. Besides, C and D buildings are where all my fondest memories were made and they tore those down five years ago.

It will be crazy to never see the distinctive roof of B building from 215 anymore!

I've never been to any of my past Reunions. But I may just head over and walk the halls, and remember some good times, and friends who are no longer here.

One distinctive roof in the background.

1715232586087.jpeg