Zuk outing on the 5th of Oct

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
Hey Jim and Spence and all Zuk people. I was wondering if anyone wants to go wheelin on the 5th of Oct?? My zuk is down at the monment so I have to take the 3rd member out of the rear and fix whatever broke. A nice word of advice, make sure you have plenty of gear oil in your diffs. I didn't :( I need motavation to get this done. Let me know if anyone wants to go. I like the pics of when spence was up around mineral point or any new fun places to explore. I guess I might have to register my zuk since it is not legal at the moment. Anybody want to hook me up with a rear bumper??

Laters

jp008

Sounds like a blast except I work on Saturdays now:mad: I have to all my wheeling on Sunday. If I get lucky I might have my FI installed by then (but I doubt it). But I might have my 5.12's so I will need to see what I can break. If Sunday works for ya let me know. I'll talk to Brett (SAS Kick) and see if he is willing and able.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Originally posted by SmokinCamel
Hey Jim and Spence and all Zuk people. I was wondering if anyone wants to go wheelin on the 5th of Oct?? My zuk is down at the monment so I have to take the 3rd member out of the rear and fix whatever broke. A nice word of advice, make sure you have plenty of gear oil in your diffs. I didn't :( I need motavation to get this done. Let me know if anyone wants to go. I like the pics of when spence was up around mineral point or any new fun places to explore. I guess I might have to register my zuk since it is not legal at the moment. Anybody want to hook me up with a rear bumper??

Laters

i can make up a simple rear bumper...i also have a stock rear availible....what do you need??

SmokinCamel

Hello all,
Sunday works too. I have a college class on saturdays and the 5th was the only day off for a while. I could go any sunday :) Maybe we will have to do a double header that weekend. We will have to see how many people can go. More the merryer. Anybody have a good place to go.??

Spence,
I could just use the stock one. My brake lights don't work and only one tail light works every now and then. Plus the only cover that is on is the reverse lights. This is why I never registered it this year. It just got too beat up. Do you have all the lights and everythign for it?? I would be happy to take it off your hands. Or how much for a simple rear bumper??

Von,
I havn't been to RRO for a while. the last time I wheeled was in Easter. Havn't had the time. My zuk has goten bigger thought. Here is a pic of last thanksgiving on Hell revenge.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
well it is only sheetmetal for the stock bumper. the lenses are parted out!! i would just go to six states and get some LED lights, that is what i did and never looked back!!

SmokinCamel

Spence,
good idea. Maybe I'll do that. have you ever had the brake light fuse blow alot before?? I think somehign happened when I cut my exhust off. :)

SmokinCamel

Update

I got my 3rd memeber out today. About 70% of the teeth were gone!! My pinion is destoryed. Hell even the carrier was damaged, but will still work. Time for the not as damaged ring and pinion. Hope thigns work out. I will try to get a pic up on how the ring and pinion looked.

jp008

:( I may not be able to go now. I rolled the sami yesterday (sunday). Both doors are gone and the suspensions is tweaked somewhere. It is about 2" lower on the right side than the left side:confused: I'll try and get it fixed before then.

jp008

The roll wasn't too bad. This is the 2nd time in 1 month. Before that NONE. I've had my sami for 3 years and have never even had body damage until 1 week after EJS. Not my year I guess. I've got plenty of stock springs laying around, I might try and put a new set under the sami to see if it will straighten up. If not then Oh well. I had planned on a total rebuild this winter anyway. YJ's, new axles, front locker, power steering, 5.12's and a few other things.
I should be able to get things rolling again in a couple of weeks. (no pun intended)

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by SmokinCamel
here are the pics of my pinion

I've been there, done that.....Only because the Techs at 4WPW installed my Pinion about .050" too deep. Next thing I know, I'm buying a 3rd set of 5.29's and spending $300 that shouldn't have been needed.