'09 Rubicon

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I just picked this thing up tonight. Going to be doing at least the locker mod right away and probably the ESP Mod. The tube fenders are pretty nice and the only aftermarket thing on this Jeep. Cutting myself down to one car payment and one car of full coverage will greatly increase my ability to afford going wheeling.

Attachments

• 3920069269331056285_2.jpg
    3920069269331056285_2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 180
  • 3920069269331056285_4.jpg
    3920069269331056285_4.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

RockChucker

Awesome! From what I gather, you will just be getting bigger tires for it, and not lifting it right now? I say lift it. Throw 3" or 4" at it. Those 4 doors are so long they need a little bit of lift just to have a decent breakover. You could easily clear a 37 or maybe a 40 on 3 or 4 inches...It's only money right?

Bart

Congrats. Looks like a nice rig. My son-in-law has the majority of a 4" Tera lift for that, for cheap.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Too bad I've got no money right now. This time around I will not do anything cheap, cheap just ends up costing more and just isn't worth it.

rholbrook

My brother has the exact same jeep minus the fenders. My brother has the Teraflex lift with wheel spacers, the stock Rubicon wheels and 37s. It looks good with that setup.

Coco

Teraflex LCG kit, and atleast 37s, you could probably clear 40s tho!

Nice rig man, I have always liked the JKs, just way too expensive to ever own one haha

Bart

Too bad I've got no money right now. This time around I will not do anything cheap, cheap just ends up costing more and just isn't worth it.

Fully agree in most cases, and you've got a great off-the-shelf wheeler the way it is. Enjoy.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Fully agree in most cases, and you've got a great off-the-shelf wheeler the way it is. Enjoy.

Yeah I agree completely. As it sits right now it is a better all around wheeler than my TJ was. I'll probably wheel it until the stock tires wear out, they are a brand new set of take offs so it will be a while for tires. It does need bumpers for sure. The lines with the fenders and stock bumpers just don't work very well together.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
I put it into 4L last night just to see the how the crawl ratio felt and I'm very happy. I always used to think that Rubicons weren't worth the money but I think I was just stubborn.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
How does it feel on power?

Well right away I could tell it didn't have the low RPM torque of the 4.0L. After driving it around for a couple days it's clear that Jeep should have given them a more powerful motor. I'm not going to complain though, it's got the 6 speed so I can make up for the lack of power with that and I am impressed with the fuel mileage. Close to 20mpg on the highway.

With the crawl ratio on it I don't think the power will be any issue off-road at all, and it really doesn't have trouble getting up to speed when I want it to.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
Just did my locker bypass switches, screw you Jeep for telling me when and how I can use my lockers. It was plenty easy thanks to the numerous write ups on the world wide web. I still need to do the ESP bypass which is another easy one, I just need to figure out where I want to put that switch.

Here is my locker switch placement, out of the way but plenty accessible.
IMAG0309.jpg

RockChucker

how do you do the esp kill switch? does it completely disable it like there is none at all? my uncle has an 07 4 door and it kills him on cloverleafs. he says he usually has semi's breathing up his tailpipe...